Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
Taking our sport to the "Next Level" >

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Notices

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Old 02-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A "marketing Icon".. is critical if any real Motorsports Marketing effort will ever make it to any Team in the Sport, and that includes the marketability of the Team itself. Young, athletic and clean living is the preferred makeup unless Daddy was a Famous Racer (JR) and then the "other side" might also sell a few Beer. A personal relationship with a Major Motorsports Sponsor and an immaculate team also seems to work well (Mr. David Scott), or work your tail off to get and keep Sponsors beating the drum till you drop with only what you can offer, not what you cant (Ryan Beckley).

T.V Package is not optional, if you expect it o continue for the long term, and you had better be on ESPN-something with an exciting product (and be prepared to Buy the time) that is easy for a couch potato with money to spend to understand.

I like the Allweiss idea about the Promoter owning everything just don't think it is acheivable.

Gregg Reichman
Old 02-26-2007, 06:45 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by louietherigger
Hey T,
a) How come it says never bitter next to your name?
b)If you don't know who I am or what I drive your out of touch.
c)I don't want to within a 1/4 mile of you when Augie reads the Scarab remark.
d) the Patchogue race is not base upon S.O.Boats, it is just being offered to them, We have plenty of boats already, we hope they take advantage. It will be a real great event.
e)My wife is the gardener in the family and one thing I learned watching her is that if you put acid on a seed it will surely die. Water it , feed it, love it and it might grow in to something beautiful. ( the acid thing was an accident, I was putting a battery in the waverunner).JK.

Is all the positive energy drained from you? Life can beat you up and do that to you, I know what I'm talking about. To bad a guy with all your knowledge can't put it to good use. Mike A.
is a bigger man then I ever imagined. With positive advice from him, Racing will get a big boost.

Louie
"Strictly Business"
PS. We race a Canopied Fountain SV, didn't mean to be a wiseass
I appreciate your concern, for my mental health.......

Augie's a friend of mine...not to worry. My comment was not aimed at him specifically.There are any number of boats out there that fit in the category of tired hulls.

I'm talking about a sport that has had decades of people who brought buckets of "positive" energy and blind loyalty..... anything but objectivity and experience. These same people, by the dozens, used up good money, great sponsors, valuable race venues, and tremendous fan capital, and left the sport no better than when they arrived.

The sport has been very good to me....and I hate to see it collapse...... I've put years of effort into this...and repeatedly seen it clobbered by greed, shortsightedness, impatience and wide eyed ignorance. Fortunately, I'm not running for office, nor building a constituency..... I try to bring a mirror to the conversation.. If you don't like what you see...you can change it..... or blame the mirror.....but I submit the reflection is as clear as possible.... blemishes and all. I am amused by people trying to label me as bitter, or jealous, or defeated ........ I am, at the end of the day, officially Obsolete.

On the subject of "knowing who you are"...... I believe your boat is parked in Patchogue at the moment.... If I understand you correctly, knowing of you is now the bench mark of knowledge in the sport...... Having a canopied Fountain means that you care about your canopied Fountain....whether you see beyond that is up to you.

As far as Mike A....I too applaud his candor and agree that he has a lot to contribute....... There is much experience to draw from on this site and he certainly has earned his stripes the hard way. If you read what he is saying, he also feels some despair at the current state of the sport.

Finally, I like the gardening analogy...ask your wife what happens when you use too much water.

T2x
Old 02-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

what brings sponsors to a race is their beliefe they can make money off it/from it. period. whether its coke pepsi a beer company a cigarette company or any other company .. they are a for profit buisness. shareholders dont like what charity does to dividends. they are not giving you money to have a race they are buying product/name exposure and placement. unless a companys CEO, CFO and entire board own boats, they could give a rats ass whether we race or not..its all about return on investment. money makes the world go round not merc 850's
Old 02-26-2007, 06:53 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bidpro
Holy Crap - Allweiss agreeting with Luhrs.... I hear Reggie and Fiore are planning a picknick together as an encore.

Lou the Rigger - Agreed about TX2 - it should say "Exclusively Bitter"... but I think he really just has a delivery problem more than being bitter - gotta give him credit for a deep knowledge base.

Gregg Reichman
Ah Gregg........ so many arm chair psychologists..so little time.

In your case it's excuseable...... California and all.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Gregg......THANKS......I think?????
Old 02-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
What you clearly don't get is that fans not only root FOR some racers, it is equally important that they root AGAINST others. In life there is yin and yang.... In Offshore racing there is too much blind cheerleading and too few compelling and competitive stories. T2x
I have not read through this whole thread and Rich and I have gone at it ourselves but Rich has hit the MAJOR point here! I could not agree more with his stance on this.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan - you are welcome, you deserve it.

Luhrs - I don't live in Calfornia, so much for your Vast Knowledge Base... every once in a while you are still on point though, I will give you that.

Gregg Reichman
Old 02-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Your answer to Louie on Point 4 is also wrong. They may not know who he is or what class at that moment but I guarantee they will be looking for him and his boat during the race. Product recognition .. his product is himself and his team and people remember nice people. They remember the guy who took his time to answer their questions and deal with their kids. They dont root for arrogant *******s. Just ask Kurt Busch.
Talking with the fans and meeting the kids was always the most fun anyway............
Attached Thumbnails Taking our sport to the "Next Level"-ncfan.jpg   Taking our sport to the "Next Level"-ncfan5.jpg   Taking our sport to the "Next Level"-racefestkid.jpg  

Old 02-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Mike/Phantom I am with you on that it is awesome meeting people of all ages across the country that share our passion about performance boats.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

there are alot of pros and cons with what is being said. we need a pro class racing division and a starter classes, in which is where most of us started, busch series, so to speak. i hope some people see this and realize that they are holding up progress, not helping. if all comes together in the next twelve months, as we all should start working on right now,it is possible.
believe, as the colts said all year. and look where it got them

Quick Reply: Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.