Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
Taking our sport to the "Next Level" >

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Notices

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Old 02-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe we could take Sarasota as an example and use Kevin Brown's(with his permission of course) template for putting on a show. They have things going on around town all week leading up to the race. They have parades, bikini contests, car shows, fishing tournaments, and the list goes on and on. Thats why that race is our Daytona 500. All of us have either raced there or have heard how big it is.

This template could be given to each town's promoter and that could set the tone. Maybe we could elect a racer liason to keep in contact with the local towns promoter's and ensure that the template is being put into effect.

Mike A., I really like your idea and that could be a goal for the future, but aside from Haggin, I dont see anyone with the means or resources or willing to with the state of offshore as it is, to put something like that together right here and now. We have to take the small things that are broke now and fix them so that the future is bright. Also maybe in the beginning the association would start off with not necessarily a SV or SC but maybe something like a SVL then build into the SV or SC. That way costs are down, also maybe when it does advance then you could do something similiar to(god I am going to get killed for saying this) Busch series and Nextel.

Trent
Old 02-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Maybe we could take Sarasota as an example and use Kevin Brown's(with his permission of course) template for putting on a show. They have things going on around town all week leading up to the race. They have parades, bikini contests, car shows, fishing tournaments, and the list goes on and on. Thats why that race is our Daytona 500. All of us have either raced there or have heard how big it is.

This template could be given to each town's promoter and that could set the tone. Maybe we could elect a racer liason to keep in contact with the local towns promoter's and ensure that the template is being put into effect.

Mike A., I really like your idea and that could be a goal for the future, but aside from Haggin, I dont see anyone with the means or resources or willing to with the state of offshore as it is, to put something like that together right here and now. We have to take the small things that are broke now and fix them so that the future is bright. Also maybe in the beginning the association would start off with not necessarily a SV or SC but maybe something like a SVL then build into the SV or SC. That way costs are down, also maybe when it does advance then you could do something similiar to(god I am going to get killed for saying this) Busch series and Nextel.

Trent
There you go!! Racer liason, that is what I was refering to earlier. But it doesn't have to be just one person. It could be a local team from that community that knows the people and the area and what is needed.

phragle, you got it!! It's all about "THE SHOW" and the promotion of "THE SHOW"

Brad

Last edited by FunHome; 02-16-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FunHome
There you go!! Racer liason, that is what I was refering to earlier. But it doesn't have to be just one person. It could be a local team from that community that knows the people and the area and what is needed.

phragle, you got it!! It's all about "THE SHOW" and the promotion of "THE SHOW"

Brad

My nominies would be Ken Doyle, Pops, Kevin Brown. They know the promotion end of it first hand.

Another possible solution is maybe invite each race promoter to Sarasota in order for them to experience behind the scenes as well as the enthusiasm that the community has. Assign the liason to accompany them thru out to answer any questions.

Trent
Old 02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My nominies would be Ken Doyle, Pops, Kevin Brown. They know the promotion end of it first hand.

Another possible solution is maybe invite each race promoter to Sarasota in order for them to experience behind the scenes as well as the enthusiasm that the community has. Assign the liason to accompany them thru out to answer any questions.

Trent
more good ideas!! Lets do it!!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trent
Put the guest promotors in choppers for the race.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Pop
Over 25 Years of Service
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, thanks for the kind comments. As many of you know we have been in the business for over 25 years and we have seen the ups and downs of powerboat racing. Don't hesitate to give me a call I'll assist in any way that I can.

As for our Chattanooga event, we have a great program here. It's all about the racers, fans and our charity which is the Make-A-Wish Foundation. You come to Chattanooga you better be ready for 3 full days of activities. Show casing your equipment, your team and your racing skills against the clock and your fellow competitors.

Drop me a line anytime.

Pop
Old 02-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by bidpro
Ultimate Marketing idea for Offshore Racing:

One class: "ALLEY" CAT - Skater makes the bottom, Scism makes the top - no ones feeling are hurt. Brand name is "Randy's Peter" in honor of the Founders of both companies. Each boat will be autographed by Reggie Fountain.

Engines: Mercury 1075 port, Sterling 1100 Starboard (add slight amount of weight to Starboard side to make up difference). Engine Brand name is "Mercurling"

Drives: Triple Drive "system" Mercury #6 Dry Sump port, Arneson Starboard, Weismann in the tunnel. Drive Brand Name is Mercnesonman"

Propellers: Max Pitch 26. The goal is 12,000 RPM so we can sound like Formula One. Any bat that casn't turn a minimum of 11,000 RPM is disqualified.

Every boat is required to have a Rubber Tube aroudn the outside to prevent against any potential stuff.

Markting Director - Howard K. Stern - of Anna Nicole Smith fame.

Head T.V Spokesman - Kato Kalin (of O.J. Simpson fame)

Chief Referree - Augie Pensa

Director of Competition - Steve Miklos (aka Mr. Ugly Hat)

Director of funny accents - Nigel Hook (Nigel, remember Jim Bull will protect me from you)

Each Team, when they Register gets a free instructional manual entitled "How to cheat Brillantly" - author - Bob Bull (Bob - remember, Jim will protect me from you too).

Each team, when they Register, must sign a 100 year contract that they will never talk to, look at or think about any other sanctioning body.

Each team is required to take peace and tranquility classes before competing - Instructor - Michael Allweiss

Inner Peace Director - Billy Mauff

Back up inner peace director - Mike Tomlinson

Back up to the Back up Inner Peace Director - Jerry Sorrentino

THIS STRUCTURE WOULD PULL IT ALL TOGETHER, RIGHT.

Delivered in fun - obviously
Gregg Reichman
Hey Gregg, I'm with you 100% on the ( Blind Man) thing! As far as Bob goes sadly you are on your own. He has posted my bail for the last 20 some years! Some of the other people you mentioned I wouldnt give them the remote control to the television.I believe they may come up a little short! Pixie Dust Pixie Dust, Inner peace my azz!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered

Jim:

I promise to post bail any time - don't leave me hanging Bro..

GR
Old 02-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered

Jim:

GR
You're too funny, man. You know you are my friend and I would never leave a friend hanging; but keep in mind if YOU ever need bail money, I may have to borrow it from Bob!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim:

GR
Are you a good friend or a true friend?

Quick Reply: Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.