Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
Taking our sport to the "Next Level" >

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Notices

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Old 02-17-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FunHome
Mike, I see what your saying, but it seems almost unattainable.
Actually Brad, sorry to say, that was my point. In the past, there has been promotion. There have been celebrities. There have been great events. There has even been great television. There have been Super Boats. There have been Super Cats. There have even been the super rich. There has never been a lack of ggod people or good ideas or good opinions.

What there has never been is super success and by that I mean a profitable, sustainable motorsports business on the grand scale like so many offshore fans have wanted for so long. The reason?

Because there has never been a stable premier class racing product and whenever the sport has shown some staying power it always fractures, splits apart and sinks.

My suggestion as to the only way the sport COULD ever succeed did not mean that it was possible. Sadly, I do not think it is because there is no way anyone would invest that kind of money on the chance it would work.

The sport is and always will be what it is.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I don't know where the money would come from but big bands at the Races like their used to be, AC/DC live at Pt.Pleasant/Ocean City?, Remember St. Pete, that was a show, Marshall Tucker I think (2000), Venders everywhere , huge crowd in the pits anyone know the number of people that attended the Concert?
Attached Thumbnails Taking our sport to the "Next Level"-oldoutrageous.jpg  
Old 02-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Are you a good friend or a true friend?

I guess Jim would have to answer that... so far, we have not had the opportunity to go to jail together so I suppose I can't respond to your definition..

GR
Old 02-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered

I am not a racer I am a fan. The problem with offshore racing is quite simple. You are always comparing it to Nascar and that could be a good comparison if Waltrip after this past week feels bad for himself and starts "TSS" Track Super Series and leaves Nascar maybe he could hold a race the same weekend as the Daytona in Jacksonville The problem is not the sponsors the money or the fans the problem is the egos. Back when APBA was at it's best the Teams were there to race today I am not sure what they are there for. Once the racers figure it out the fans will come back.

I could never understand why there is no merchandising by the individual teams. They should be taking advantage of the open pits and the promoters should be promoting that area of the Race weekend as well. There could be bands, awards, boats on display the local dealers as well as the race boats. Locals who want to show off there performance boats could have a section as well. Just a few ideas.

I am not posting this to upset anyone just trying to be constructive. And I do not have favoritism for one org. I wish that they would all continue to operate but have a few unified races through the season and one unified worlds in key west.

Last edited by oldschoolfan; 02-18-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So what it boils down to is, its a long way from and may never be a "mainstream" sport. But the Schedule is the basic foundation for success. Well since the schedule is in place then I think we "the racers" should do everything we can to make the most of every event, and that was the whole idea with this thread to get people thinking about how to put on a better show and help the sport.

Mike you say "Because there has never been a stable premier class racing product and whenever the sport has shown some staying power it always fractures, splits apart and sinks."

Your an attorney, I can't believe that there isn't a contract that could be written to keep racers from starting their own organization. Something like if you race with _____ (or any of their endorsed racing organizations), you are signing a noncompet, saying that you will not take their product and start your own organization.

Brad
Old 02-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by oldschoolfan
I am not a racer I am a fan. The problem with offshore racing is quite simple. You are always comparing it to Nascar and that could be a good comparison if Waltrip after this past week feels bad for himself and starts "TSS" Track Super Series and leaves Nascar maybe he could hold a race the same weekend as the Daytona in Jacksonville The problem is not the sponsors the money or the fans the problem is the egos. Back when APBA was at it's best the Teams were there to race today I am not sure what they are there for. Once the racers figure it out the fans will come back.

I could never understand why there is no merchandising by the individual teams. They should be taking advantage of the open pits and the promoters should be promoting that area of the Race weekend as well. There could be bands, awards, boats on display the local dealers as well as the race boats. Locals who want to show off there performance boats could have a section as well. Just a few ideas.

I am not posting this to upset anyone just trying to be constructive. And I do not have favoritism for one org. I wish that they would all continue to operate but have a few unified races through the season and one unified worlds in key west.

BINGO
Old 02-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Speaking of NASCAR............there was one non-organizational boat in that infield lake this weekend. Why can't it be more boats.... not necessarily racing....just there for show.
Just wondering.........
Old 02-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That would be AWESOME!! Hasn't it been done before?? If so it should be done every year. Perhaps as a prize for winning the World Championship in each class. Have all of the boats anchored out there on Race Day. Heck during the week leading up to the race we could give rides to a select few, like they did this last week with the Eliminator.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It seems John Henry opened the door to combining sports by bringing baseball into the picture.
Homestead also has an infield lake and probably the only other weekend we don't have conflicting races with nascar.

Last edited by Pat D; 02-19-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:50 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Eliminator paid to be the offical boat company of Nascar like all the other companies that pay to be a part of the Nascar support team

Quick Reply: Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.