Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
Taking our sport to the "Next Level" >

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Notices

Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Old 02-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nascar is in a league of their own, they have all the big dawgs advertising their azz off. We just need to focus in having a joint race in Key West to have a single world champion for each class.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Registered

In the perfect world There would be one big organization that will never happen.
Since this is not the perfect world we need to make it work the way it is. With a few diffrent organizations we can offer more races in more locations. This will draw bigger fan base and bring the sport to the next level. The first thing that needs to be done is have the heads of each organization come up with a common set of rules. We can't even have a common speed for P class boats they are diffrent this makes a unified worlds kind of tuff. We also have some of the teams now building Turbine powered boats now these are cool machines but how is the fan suspose to relate to that. They are jet powered for christ sake. just when the super class boats start to draw attention we start splitting the class again so we can have 2 or 3 turbine powered boats in a class. WHY BOTHER? We need to start building up the classes we have and work on entry level classes to bring in new racers rather than turbine powered boats.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MIAMIBOYS
Nascar is in a league of their own, they have all the big dawgs advertising their azz off. We just need to focus in having a joint race in Key West to have a single world champion for each class.
Sorry................sounds like you feel it's useless to look into new things to promote the sport and we should focus on only one thing. Again!

I did know about the Eliminator deal, and I only threw it out there because I do have a fairly good access door I could have approached.
Not being a racer, however, I wanted to get other opinions.
PD
Old 02-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Gold Member

[QUOTE=Pat D;2031487]Sorry................sounds like you feel it's useless to look into new things to promote the sport and we should focus on only one thing. Again!

Pat, I don`t feel it is useless at all, we racers are the first customers and fans that any organization have. Yes, a unification Worlds is any racers dream and that alone will bring alot of fans and racers alike to the forefront.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Registered

I have a question why are the class qualifications in the diffrent organizations diffrent. This should be the start the 3 or 4 major organizations should get together and come up with a single set of rules that they all agree on. I like the fact that SBI is llowing other racers to race at the worlds if they have competed in at least 2 races either with them or another org. The worlds are put on by the Conch Republic Offshore Racing group maybe they are the ones to include the other groups in the race. The SBI/APBA, OSS, OPA and others can all promote the race to there fans. Think bout the number of racers and fans who show up in Key West and then the # from Destin. Now imagine them all in Key West. This event will get the TV coverage that we all desire. That will bring the Sponsors. This is the only way to take the sport to the next level. I know that some people feel that picking the key west location is on the SBI/APBA turf but rember when APBA pulled out of Key West that is what started the OSS. Key West is where The worlds belong there is no other city that can offer what they do Big Water, Great Bars, Hotels and Wet and Dry Pitts all with in walking distance.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike A ,old apba was the best this sport has every seen . The Factory racing was the best racing ..................
Thats where you have to start is back to where he was.

Mike
Old 02-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Registered

I would love to see factory racing back as strong as it was. I would like to see more sponsorship from the major companies as well. Reggie spends more than enuff but wouldn't it be cool to see Cigarette back at the races as well as Formula, Donzi and all of the others. I think Charlie Mccarthy will help just having him back in the scene w/ his new Banana boats and the HORBA involvment.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldschoolfan
I would love to see factory racing back as strong as it was. I would like to see more sponsorship from the major companies as well. Reggie spends more than enuff but wouldn't it be cool to see Cigarette back at the races as well as Formula, Donzi and all of the others. I think Charlie Mccarthy will help just having him back in the scene w/ his new Banana boats and the HORBA involvment.
Oldschool,

With my team being one of only 2 current F1 teams can you give me any suggestions as to what I can do to build it back up?

Trent
Old 02-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

I wish I could. I think the boat companies need to use the p class boats as a farm program and get involved in helping Teams make the jump from an older P class boat to a new F1 boat.
Rember I am not a Racer I am a fan who thinks that Offshore Racing needs to be run like a business. This could be a marketing machine for the marine industry. Look at all other types of racing weather it is Nascar or Skiing the manufactures push the racing in order to sell there products there is not enuff of that in Offshore Racing I take that back there is none of that.
How is it I turn on the TV on a sat afternoon and the only boat racing is Hydroplane racing?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give it back to Mike A .....................He had it RIGHT.

20 + factory one boats.

20+ factory two Boats

That was racing

Mike

Mike

Quick Reply: Taking our sport to the "Next Level"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.