Notices

Sbi/apba/csi Miami

Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Miami seems to advertise other events that they host and bring into the city.......you may want to ask them why they don't promote our races. It's THEIR job.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Pat D
Miami seems to advertise other events that they host and bring into the city.......you may want to ask them why they don't promote our races. It's THEIR job.
I know Pat, it is a shame that they can`t even put one bilboard going into Miami Beach promoting their race for the residents. In order for this to happen JC would have to give a token to a city official.

Last edited by MIAMIBOYZ; 04-18-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

What really blows is that I walked all the hotels yesterday just north and south of the start finish line to rent a room with a view. Not a single person with these hotels knew there was a race this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what we are lacking .....PROMOTION....... what can we do? I have my sponsor contacting the media to see if there is any interest, hopefully we will get some bites tomorrow.......
Old 04-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
What really blows is that I walked all the hotels yesterday just north and south of the start finish line to rent a room with a view. Not a single person with these hotels knew there was a race this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what we are lacking .....PROMOTION....... what can we do? I have my sponsor contacting the media to see if there is any interest, hopefully we will get some bites tomorrow.......

Yep, your right!! We need promotion in the worst way!!! Especially since we don't have TV to sell to our sponsors.
Without it we are just a bunch (or couple) of fast boats going around in circles to the people who just happen to be on the beach during race time.
Brad
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 PM
VIP Member

Promotion ?????/ Albert, havn't we rubbed off on you yet? Hook up the boat, pull into the bank parking lot. Chain the trailer to the MAC machine, and drag it to the Pits. Trust me, the entire Country will know there is a race in town. Piece of Cake. If you need any more help, feel free to call my probation officer, he knows how to get in touch with me.... Your Brother, Smitty

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 04-20-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

That's why our team only attended (and will attend) cities that promote their races. If the city doesn't care to promote the race, then that tells me they don't care if we show up.

Why waste my time and sponsors money traveling across Florida when I can get the same exposure at home for about a tenth the cost?

If boats stopped showing up to races that don't promote the event, do you think the cities would start promoting it?

Sean
Old 04-18-2007, 08:29 PM
VIP Member

Sean, AMF is in town. If I know John, He'll do all he can. Why not contact the local news yourself. Call the Chamber of commerce, they will supply a list of local news papers. Who is the Biggest sports news celeb. Offer him a ride in testing. It could be, with so many Florida races, it is loosing it's appeal. Kinda like having the fourth of July every month.

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 04-20-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Sean, AMF is in town. If I know John, He'll do all he can. Why not contact the local news yourself. Call the Chamber of commerce, they will supply a list of local news papers. Who is the Biggest sports news celeb. Offer him a ride in testing. It could be, with so many Florida races, it is loosing it's appeal. Kinda like having the fourth of July every month.
Smitty,

We've worked with the media at a few races and been successful at it, but partially so because the media outlets knew about the race since the city already worked press releases. In fact, I made the mistake of registering for a race before providing a reporter a ride (I was offically a "race boat" and didn't want to have non-riding crew in the boat).

As far as the Chambers go, if they expect the racers to show up without promoting the events, why would they want to help? Trust me, after just having put on a huge air show this last weekend, the Chambers want to see a return on their investment as well. Why would they put out money to promote an event if the event will fill their hotels and restaurants regardless?

I disagree that it's like the 4th of July every month...okay...maybe I see your point in the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Deerfield Beach area...otherwise, every city can bring the 4th of July event in since not everyone goes to the races outside their local area. AMF is doing a great job promoting the events they attend but, unless John Haggin and crew become full-time promoters, they don't cover all the races.

Our team promotes our sponsors and offshore racing where ever we go. So I guess it's up to us to also promote the races we attend? Yes, our team will, and where we expect to get a return on our investment.

Sean
Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
Agreed and I'm not a racer, just a fan. When we go to the 1000 Island Poker Run everyone in the town knows there's a boating event that weekend. It's really cool and the spectators are more than some of these races. We need to flip flop that and get more people into racing.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Promotion ?????/ Albert, havn't we rubbed off on you yet? Hook up the boat, pull into the bank parking lot. Chain the trailer to the MAC machine, and drag it to the Pits. Trust me, the entire Country will know there is a race in town. Piece of Cake. If you need any more help, feel free to call my probation officer, he knows how to get in touch with me.... Your Brother, Smitty

That is a great idea you knuckle head!!!! atleast I have a lawyer by my side to settle the case. Smitty you need more than a probation officer to get a hold of you. Your little brother, Albert