Notices

P4 in Key west

Old 10-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P4 in Key west

Can anyone explain how you can put ia single 525 boat and a twin 500hp or twin 525 boat in the same class the twin boats when they raced F1 could run close to 100 why should they race in an 85 mph class against single engine boats instead of P3 class to be fair to all Competitors and a better show?? Again can anyone explain?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Things that make you go hmmmm.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Driveguy
Can anyone explain how you can put ia single 525 boat and a twin 500hp or twin 525 boat in the same class the twin boats when they raced F1 could run close to 100 why should they race in an 85 mph class against single engine boats instead of P3 class to be fair to all Competitors and a better show?? Again can anyone explain?
Something has 2 done, if not HOW can a single 525 boat compete against these guys? If john wants a boat count he has 2 be fair to everyone! myself being on a race team spending thousands of $ to run the the boat, fly my family down and support SBI, i might as well leave my boat at home because it will be a LOSE,LOSE situation for my team and SBI, i should have stayed racing with SMITTY!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered

John is aware of the problem and plans to adress it in KW with the P Class racers. Nothing will be done this yr but looks like changes are going to be made. If anyone want to get a jump on it you might want to write down your suggestions for the class u r registered in. John will be asking for that in the drivers meeting and would like to get all the input he can before we leave. Richie D is working on an outline now and will get everyones comment before SBI make any rule changes.

I personal would like to see all the single engines running together,move the P5 guys up a few MPH and move the P4 down a few and meeting in the middle 80 MPH class single engine only. With that said i think you could posible have 6-8 boats running that class. Just my 2 cents....
Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
John is aware of the problem and plans to adress it in KW with the P Class racers. Nothing will be done this yr but looks like changes are going to be made. If anyone want to get a jump on it you might want to write down your suggestions for the class u r registered in. John will be asking for that in the drivers meeting and would like to get all the input he can before we leave. Richie D is working on an outline now and will get everyones comment before SBI make any rule changes.

I personal would like to see all the single engines running together,move the P5 guys up a few MPH and move the P4 down a few and meeting in the middle 80 MPH class single engine only. With that said i think you could posible have 6-8 boats running that class. Just my 2 cents....
Frank i appreciate ur 2 cents but john addressing this in Key West is to late and a dollar short. you have been racing a long time and u know what it takes 2 run in key west$$$$$, you know what ur boat runs, would u bring ur boat there if u knew u were not even close to being the lead dog? my team and other teams might just be spectators! sorry john, but a boat count vs a race, u might lose on both ends! !!!!!
l
Old 10-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Registered

Whos SMITTY ? isnt he a cartoon character. Calm down OPAers Im just kidding. Hes got a good thing going, but the question is single engine guys that work hard in the boat to run 85 and twin guys that should be in P3 with there boats that can run close to a buck or better. Any twin that can justify? I think all the single (engine) guys stand together on this. Its an 85 mph class and its racing....... race where you are capable of running and give all of us a good show.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zipper
Frank i appreciate ur 2 cents but john addressing this in Key West is to late and a dollar short. you have been racing a long time and u know what it takes 2 run in key west$$$$$, you know what ur boat runs, would u bring ur boat there if u knew u were not even close to being the lead dog? my team and other teams might just be spectators! sorry john, but a boat count vs a race, u might lose on both ends! !!!!!
l
Run P5 if you dont think you have a chance in P4 , there will be some good racing.If not you r are right if u dont think u have a chance see what shakes out for next yr.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered

Easy guys remember this is the beginnig of a new season for all of us. So why not talk it out in the drivers meeting for someone to make a call and if your boat runs 100 you race here if your boat runs 85 you race here. Remember this is the beginning of the new season.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

Come on frank P5 if you have a boat that runs 83 and work at it 85 ,86 why RACE at 75. you and i agree on a lot this may be where we differ its racing why slow a team down to P5 and not push teams to run at potential. Rick Hendrick probably called Jimmy this morning and said you know what lets not run hard this week because we out power everyone and I just dont think we should have to work that hard to win, so lets race saturday instead.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered

We have the racers to blame they all want to run where they think it is easy pickings. You and I have talked about that numerous times. No one wants to race to win....They all say they want boats in there class and run where there either is no boats or a class they shouldnt be in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.