Getting started in Super V limited >

Getting started in Super V limited

Notices

Getting started in Super V limited

Old 11-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting started in Super V limited

Im looking into building a boat to compete in super v limited. due to money i will prob end up running an open cockpit and modifying the boat to meet all safety standards. Just wondering if anyone has any suffestions for a hull to start off with. I will most likely have to start with an old worn out boat and strip it to be able to compete. Cant afford a $40,000 hull ready for engine. I have found a few boats ready for power but i was concerned with the weight of the them. Thanks for any suggestions. Im located in oklahoma also so if anyone in the area is also looking to build a budget racer maybe we could help each other out.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Registered

I don't think they allow open cockpit boats in super V,and thats a big dollar class!.......Bob
Old 11-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Registered

You're probably better off starting in the "Pro-Am Classes" 2-5. It would be a lot cheaper in maintenance, running more safer and competative in the long run by using a factory set up. Don't go into racing on a Band-aid budget, you're only asking for problems.

PRO AM CLASSES
CLASS 5 Single inboard engine or single outboard boats only,
21 ft. minimum to 30 ft. maximum (+/- 6” Tolerance)
Maximum Top Speed = 75 MPH
CLASS 4 Maximum Top Speed = 85 MPH
CLASS 3 Maximum Top Speed = 95 MPH
CLASS 2 Maximum Top Speed = 105 MPH
CLASS 1 Maximum Top Speed = 117 MPH
Old 11-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered

In the rule book it says closed cockpits suggested so i assumed open was legal. Also main reason looking at super v was the stock 525 engines. I was just thinking that would be easiest instead of worrying about building a motor to meet a rule book.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Racer
Racer

You would need to be insane to race an open boat against canopied SVLs. I think most would sh*t thier pants putting a chine walking open 30' boat into a corner with a few others right on you at 90 mph.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedshopmarine
In the rule book it says closed cockpits suggested so i assumed open was legal. Also main reason looking at super v was the stock 525 engines. I was just thinking that would be easiest instead of worrying about building a motor to meet a rule book.
I believe the Pumpit Fountain is for sale. Canopy, 525, at a real good deal. Call Joey
Old 11-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedshopmarine
Im looking into building a boat to compete in super v limited. due to money i will prob end up running an open cockpit and modifying the boat to meet all safety standards. Just wondering if anyone has any suffestions for a hull to start off with. I will most likely have to start with an old worn out boat and strip it to be able to compete. Cant afford a $40,000 hull ready for engine. I have found a few boats ready for power but i was concerned with the weight of the them. Thanks for any suggestions. Im located in oklahoma also so if anyone in the area is also looking to build a budget racer maybe we could help each other out.
Lavey craft SVL is available less power for around 25k
Old 11-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Registered

Default 525

STOCK 525 good luck with that!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I think Pump It has 500's, and its not listed anymore on this site, maybe its sold
Old 12-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Registered

I think he is looking for a Vee Lite aka Vee Limited in SBI. Apparently, he is also on a budget. So, i think its safe to say he doesnt want twins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.