Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
apba boats seized?? >

apba boats seized??

Notices

apba boats seized??

Old 10-29-2002, 10:24 AM
Boat Girl

Not even a fair post even with "hypothetical" in the statement...I feel for the teams that are trying to get their stuff...A couple of those people are friends of mine and from my hometown...And yes thank you OSO and Steve for offering your services, See Steve, I didnt bash, suprised arent ya...

Old 10-29-2002, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by searider
There seems to be quite a bit of misinformation out there .
I have posted a complete report under General Discussion, "The Freeport Situation.As your Customs Broker and Freight Forwarder I can report the the information is accurate. REMEMBER, the "Estimate" was made by Ted Zoli NOT the Carrier. They had no idea what would show up and quoted very simply at $72 per square meter. Costs were calculated based upon the actual measurements of what showed up . See my report.
I myself am a world class international ocean export supervisor for a large, multi-national company. I handle everything from teeny shipments to vessel chartering. Let me preface this post by stating that had I been in charge of this - nobody would have their boat in hock right now. - I'm just that good!
No disrespect to you Searider!
The freight forwarder/broker is at the mercy of the carrier (Seaboard Marine). However, the carrier based the freight rate at $72.00 weight or measure (w/m) which is either a cubic meter or kiloton - boats will almost always "measure out" and be charged on volume rather than weight.
Seaboard would have signed a contract simply stating the rate would be based at $72.00 w/m. Boats on trailers would either go as breakbulk (B/B) or Ro-Ro (roll on - roll off). Either type of freight is subject to measurment/weighing at the port(s) of export and piers generally are really good about getting accurate dimensions.
I'd be curious though - the boats had to have been measured for exporting out of Miami - certainly SOMEONE must have been aware that the total cubic meters (cbm) was more than originally estimated?? There had to have been an export (Miami-Bahama) ocean bill of lading showing total cbm's - and an import B/L Bahama-Miami) showing total cbm.
And as far as Seaboard dealing with individual boat owners - iffy.

Good luck everyone....
Old 10-29-2002, 12:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

MO
Agreed!

And We way over estimated the sizes of our boats and trucks, and even left a truck out we sent paperwork on. Seems real unrealistic the measurments were off by that much.

We are supposed to shoot for a movie here shortly, I hope we get our boats out soon.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:12 PM
TulsaLarry

OK, after reading this thread and hearing Ted Zoli's side of the story and hearing Searider's side of the story, there are just some things that don't jive. I have not looked at the forms the racers had to complete before shipment, but I suppose they had to estimate the size and weight of their boats and vehicles. When we are making an estimate we are not going to be exact but should be reasonably close. According to the numbers stated the actual bill is over 24% larger than the original estimate. Everyone of you know about what size and weight your boat is and there is no way that you would miss it by 24%. There is more to this story than is being told. I say that APBA must do whatever it takes to get the boats back ASAP and settle the overbilling in due course.

Old 10-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Banned

As usual when something goes wrong, people are often more interested in fixing the blame, than fixing the problem. The most important issue is how to get these people their boats back. Maybe someone with Daddy Warbucks kind of jack can just pay the $29K, then after the boats are out of hock, decide who to go after for the money, either apba or the shipper. One of them is wrong.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:17 PM
Registered

Ted Zoli has given an update of the situation. I believe APBA is doing everything they can the come to a resolution quickly. Most of the racers have given their support to APBA.

I ask that people do not speculate about what is happening and only post facts from personal situations and not second hand information. APBA has not been a part of the board for quite some time and it's great to see Ted Zoli giving an update of the situation. He didn't hide and neglect to comment. You have to give him credit and trust APBA is doing what they can and has the racers' interest in mind.

Jamin, welcome to the board.

Ray Van
Old 10-29-2002, 02:14 PM
deepvcatss12

OSO and races teams
If needed I have space for 2 or 3 boats up to 50' over all, at my shop fence in and locked in Fort Lauderdale
L.A.marine 954 791 2552
LEE AUSTIN

Old 10-29-2002, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Enough

Anyone up for going back to the Bahamas for a race next year?

Pay the money get your boys their boats back.......Now!

Maximus
Old 10-29-2002, 02:43 PM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

Default .

If the contract is with the APBA and not the individual boat owners. How can they keep their boats? Is the boat property of the APBA? Also Searider your to quick to pass the blame. Makes you look like your hiding something. Just my opion ( and I now everyone has one just don't always want to hear from it.) Things just don't seem to add up or make any sense. If you have an agreed on contract price then that should be it. No more or no less.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:01 PM
Registered

I've got some vacation days left if anyone needs any help towing or whatever.....and an Excursion...also a big fenced and well protected yard in Orlando

don't hesitate to get in touch 407 629 3269

Quick Reply: apba boats seized??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.