Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
whats the fastest single engine offshore V Hull?? >

whats the fastest single engine offshore V Hull??

Notices

whats the fastest single engine offshore V Hull??

Old 11-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: whats the fastest single engine offshore V Hull??

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
Its Going To Take Some Big Wood To Beat 117. Nobody Is Putting Big Jc Power In Anything But Activators. Not That He Wont Build One For A Superboat, Someone Just Needs To Fork Out Some The Cash.
And your hull would be the best canidate.I believe its the fastest of the crop
Old 11-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any estimates on the power necessary to push a Y2K to 120mph? Assume a weight for a race layup hull and a tall deck BBC with a blower or turbos.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive Been Offered The Motor Out Of Mikes Oldsmobile To See What It Would Do. Its A 110 Octane Monster Also Not A Blower Just Lots Of Nos. Its Make A Bit Of Power To Push That 3500lb Steal Beast Into The 7,s.too Much Work For Just A Number.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ECeptor
Any estimates on the power necessary to push a Y2K to 120mph? Assume a weight for a race layup hull and a tall deck BBC with a blower or turbos.
The problem is not the power,but will a #6 work with that hull?You cant go 120 with a bravo too many times.780 HP pushes a Y2K to 95 with a blueprinted bottom.I would say every 200 HP is worth 10 MPH.Figure it out
Old 11-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Ive Been Offered The Motor Out Of Mikes Oldsmobile To See What It Would Do. Its A 110 Octane Monster Also Not A Blower Just Lots Of Nos. Its Make A Bit Of Power To Push That 3500lb Steal Beast Into The 7,s.too Much Work For Just A Number.
It wouldnt make it across the bay unless you put a smaller cam in it and dropped the compression.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
And your hull would be the best canidate.I believe its the fastest of the crop
Zup, can you bolt a blower on the top of your 540 and have it last? Or would you need to drop the comperssion and change the cam first?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's time for JC to back up his Superboats again. That I know of there is no company participation in racing of any kind. Lavey Craft, Extreme, Activator's all in F1 and more now. What's it going to take to get a Y2k back in competition? I would love to if I had a bigger budget.
As for big speed numbers, there may be a M4 Procharger in the future for Barley-Legal. Should be 1100+ HP. We'l see how the Mortgage business goes next year. Any sponsors out there?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

JC, it's nice to have you on the thread with positive and well constructed info with reguards of superboats . What did you hear about the new merc drive ??? Easy swap out with the XR ??

Last edited by Superbabi; 11-28-2005 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Faster, I agree - you do throttles and I'll drive??? Team Superboat, where are you?? I'd love to give it a try!!!

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
I think it's time for JC to back up his Superboats again. That I know of there is no company participation in racing of any kind. Lavey Craft, Extreme, Activator's all in F1 and more now. What's it going to take to get a Y2k back in competition? I would love to if I had a bigger budget.
As for big speed numbers, there may be a M4 Procharger in the future for Barley-Legal. Should be 1100+ HP. We'l see how the Mortgage business goes next year. Any sponsors out there?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:22 AM
Registered

Its Going To Take Some Big Wood To Beat 117. Nobody Is Putting Big Jc Power In Anything But Activators. Not That He Wont Build One For A Superboat, Someone Just Needs To Fork Out Some The Cash.

Not true at all. I have a JC Performance 900hp in my new 29 Progression. First run out of the box was 96mph. Still testing props but all you Super Boat guys better watch out, I will have it over 100 by next summer! Not too mention the 29 Progression is a bigger boat than the Superboat Y2K and the Activator 29.

Quick Reply: whats the fastest single engine offshore V Hull??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.