Battle on the Bay Race >

Battle on the Bay Race

Notices

Battle on the Bay Race

Old 08-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Battle on the Bay Race

What a Clusterf#ck !! Too many Cheifs, and not enough indians. Patrol boats telling you your not allowed inside tthe race course, that you had to anchor up outside the turns. Outside the turns ??? Insane !! Suffolk Police telling you to get inside the race course. Coast guard telling you to move to the otherside of the race course. Another patrol boat telling us to move back 100 yards. Police telling us to move back another 100 yards. Coast Guard Auxillary telling us to move from inside the race course.
Different instructions from everybody. No wonder why there were boats all over the course. After over 2 hours of sending the boaters to every concievable place. They scraped the race course, pulled up the pins and moved them and made 2 straite runs along the beach. Which was cool.
I had Shaun K from Scream and Fly on the bow of my boat taking pictures. We couldn't get any closer. Miss Geico was 30' off my bow. Got some great shots of the Superboats too. As soon as Shaun gets the pictures up, I'll post them.
All in all. It turned out to be a great day for racing.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup well said Rick !! That about sums it up. I had to move 5 times. My next superboat will have the automatic anchor on the front !! My boat is some mess from all the mud . It took 2 hours to get it clean last night !! I did finally get a good spot rite at the mid track marker#3 . Scary close. The Geico cat cut the turn close I thought it was goint to take my anchor with it !! The day was great for racing overcast but no rain. Not hot no sun glair.
I never did get to hook up with Fast Eddie. Friday night in the village, saturday afternoon in the fog or sunday. His boat looked great ! They did take the time to wave to the Superboat fans while racing and it was noticed .
Old 08-27-2007, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cluster in deed. Thanks Rick for the best seats in the house.

Tim & Deb
Old 08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like quite the day. My experiences with patrol boating have been well organized. I find it strange the mention of anchoring - we always been told to keep on the ready and preferably to idle, but then we've always had medics or divers on board too. There's no doubt you have the best seat in the house - I can't wait to see some of the photos!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FX10
All in all. It turned out to be a great day for racing.
Glad to hear that !!!!! Photos of Superboats Please !!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres the link to Scream and Fly with Shauns pictures. He has over a thousand to post on his website. I'll give you the link to that also. Maureen ffrom S and f has a few really sweet shots of fast eddy. I'll post that link too.
First Shauns pics
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=139573
Here is shauns personal website. Scrool down to Battle on the bay.
http://shaun.zenfolio.com/
Here are some from Maureen These links will be updated with alot more photos.
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=139589
Enjoy !!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered

Talking "www.onshoreonly.com"

Besides the 2 hour race start delay it was what it was. Offshore boats running roundy round in bay wakes as expected. Anyway it was pretty cool & good job to all that made it happen !!!

Best part. Three of us ran the 20+ miles out there side by side by side in our (MERC OB powered) 24' SUPERBOATS. We were launching it & had a blast. The 24's are a BIG CHOP KILLER !
We entered the cluster **** greeted by the (Z)UPERBOAT & Uncle FX10 Rick ! Then we hooked up with three other 24's & a few 21's. I talked with the old OhZone's new owner with new power (300XS). A 24CC was in the crowd too.
I wanna do an all 21'-24'-30' all SUPERBOAT run one morning if anyone is into it. I had a brand new TrophyPlus on & "the fastest 24 single OB" is running consistently & very sweeet !
Later.

Last edited by SUPERBASH; 08-27-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

"Whats this crap, Wheres my RUM?"
Attached Thumbnails Battle on the Bay Race-p802011867.jpg  
Old 08-28-2007, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Bash,
It's good to see you stopped by to say hi on OSO.
Those 24s look great! No I/Os in the mix?
Lets work on Rick to venture north to the CT River Run.
See you October 20th.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Glad to see everyone out, even if it was at 75mph during the race, I tried to wave at all The Superboats, there wer alot, I wish we could have had a count. Next year we really should have some kind of organized get together, maybe a party Fridaynight.

Eddie

Quick Reply: Battle on the Bay Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.