help decide... >

help decide...

Notices

help decide...

Old 12-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

No ! The numbers I wanted were the numbers on that lottery ticket he played . He went from a little Donzi to a Y2K Superboat and now he's talking about a half million dollar rig .. Must have been some good numbers !
Old 12-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 588 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Predator Powerboats .com

Go cat with canopy:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...b243_0-en.html

we can put a heater in for you when its cold
and air conditioning in the summer (17.5 lb unit)

run all day when it rains and be out of the weather

run poker runs on the weekends

can be set up for outboards with 15" mids or 20" mids, your choice

cost: canopy hull with interior: $73,000
hull and deck joins have no seams
all composites materials - no plywood
vacuum bagged
5 point harness
Ferrari style bucket seats
PPI interior

The factory is in Patchogue...come visit

speed: 107mph all day with 300X or 300XS (twins)
Old 12-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by noli
Go cat with canopy:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...b243_0-en.html

we can put a heater in for you when its cold
and air conditioning in the summer (17.5 lb unit)

run all day when it rains and be out of the weather

run poker runs on the weekends

can be set up for outboards with 15" mids or 20" mids, your choice

cost: canopy hull with interior: $73,000
hull and deck joins have no seams
all composites materials - no plywood
vacuum bagged
5 point harness
Ferrari style bucket seats
PPI interior

The factory is in Patchogue...come visit

speed: 107mph all day with 300X or 300XS (twins)
Noli on the classified add is says (The C30 will let you grow into this family oriented sport.) ... Now how the hell is that considered a family boat .
Old 12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

46 Rough Rider

This is a good start

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o34989-en.html
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,171 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja555
why would you need a very large cat? a quality cat in the same size range as any v bottom will out perform the v in all aspects..
DAN IS ALL KNOWING HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIS AUTHORITY!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
DAN IS ALL KNOWING HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIS AUTHORITY!
In the water we boat in, not a lake, it can get very big on you. Having owned both in these water conditions a big vee bottom will better suit as a taxi in a 120mile each way travel, especially in big water. A big cat will be fine as well but as I said it better be bigger than 40. Do you know LIS water conditions Johnny or have made the run from the city to montauk?? I doubt it.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 12-07-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I go away for a day to get some work done and all kinds of interesting stuff happens.

Regarding the math on helicopters, it's approx $4k roundtrip on a commercial heli operator from NYC<->montauk and I'd expect to do 45 trips per season. That's 180k per season.

If you were looking for lottery numbers I'm no help.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
In the water we boat in, not a lake, it can get very big on you. Having owned both in these water conditions a big vee bottom will better suit as a taxi in a 120mile each way travel, especially in big water. A big cat will be fine as well but as I said it better be bigger than 40. Do you know LIS water conditions Johnny or have made the run from the city to montauk?? I doubt it.
Did you forget I started racing? Did you forget were a Skater dealer? I garuntee I have as much experience running cats as you buddy. A 36 Skater will Spank any vee bottom under 40 foot in rough water. Period.
But your right....what do I know about rough water

Old 12-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Did you forget I started racing? Did you forget were a Skater dealer? I garuntee I have as much experience running cats as you buddy. A 36 Skater will Spank any vee bottom under 40 foot in rough water. Period.
But your right....what do I know about rough water

Were not talking smaller boats here......how many Skaters do you sell and stock a year or have over the past 10 years?? My good friend has a 36ft Skater and runs in LIS. It runs very well on most days. On the real rough days he gets beat. You can at least go slower in a vee and plow through it, if need be. You cant in a cat. Another friend had that experience this year coming out of Newport, RI in his 40 Skater. Doing a 240 mile round trip in big confused water I'd rather be in the vee. Can the cat handle it? Most of the time yes. Will it be smoother, no. Having to make the journey, no matter what the conditions are, since the boat IS his way of getting home every time, a BIG vee or very large cat should be the choice. If he doesnt mind getting beat up in rough rough water then go ahead buy a under 40ft cat. Also in a big big following sea you better know what your doing in a cat. On 75% of the days the cat will be great on the other 25%, good luck. Not taking anything away from cats. They are very fun boats to run. Just my personal experice running in these waters for years. Take it for what its worth. Do yourself a favor and when you are ready to make a move, test drive and or run all kinds off different boats in all kinds of water conditions.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Driver-441
Racer

I agree with the test drive before you buy. Actually, theres an all white 36 with 1/4 Canopies that we built on your turf. Used to stay at Between The Bridges. We dont stock, not for us, we built to order. In a following sea you better know what your doing in a cat?? Thats where cats shine! Get it on top and let the boat do the work, head on sea is where ya start to have issues. Im not going to sit here and argue with you, your too good for that. And for the record, no, we dont sell as many Skaters as big dealers, but the ones we do we rig ourselves, power ourselves and kick ass with. Our boats have set kilo records, endurance records, national championships and world championships. Pretty good for some clueless fools.

Last edited by TeamSaris; 12-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.