Looking For A Fast Hull >

Looking For A Fast Hull

Notices

Looking For A Fast Hull

Old 09-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole-One
30-60 for a good hull, but is the SuperBoat the one? I spend 90% of my time on a river....I want a v bottem that can run 110-120 so is it a SuperBoat, Activator or Howard Bullet.
110-120 in a SuperBoat if you like to chine walk Activator might be about the same i have never rode in one, I hear Howard Bullet is a real fast hull with little HP. 90+mph with a HP525 and thats not bad.

Last edited by ridefast77; 09-28-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A small cat should be faster then a V bottom . Try to innsure one LOL. Also their going to have a bravo LOL again. Their harder on drives then V bottoms. Any small V bottom in slop your going to have to drive. I had a 24 that was over 80 ,it was scary in the rough. When I mean small I mean under 35ft. My 30 my son drives sitting on my lap at 70 and hes 8 !! You want the fastest 30 ever built call Rick or John at Superboat and ask them about my Tempest !! See what they think for speed number it should run with a 1200. Since it ran 99 with a 750 But it was a Bravo then. Now its a speedmaster. Alittle slower but bullet proof . Just pulled my dyno sheet and the number was just over 800 at 6000. The best speed to date was 102. Now do the math with the prop slip number . Have to find the program 6000rpm x 1.5 gear x 28pitch x 100mph will give you the prop slip of 6% . Now you know you have a good hul with a good setup !! Send me a PM if your interested with you number. Ill take you for a ride . Boat still in the water for the season. For example My buddie just bought a cobra that was suppose to go 100 with 800hp and so far with his 600 has only seen 75.

Last edited by z.zuperboat; 09-29-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ridefast77
110-120 in a SuperBoat if you like to chine walk
Only when your girlfriend is with us and I have to use so much tab on one side
Old 09-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Whos been at 110-120 in a V bottom Superboat ? Nobody I know ! Face it theire are conditions for a speed run and a time for just having fun. In a Superboat your going to be out front Both Times. Supers are norrow boats thats why they cut through the rough at any angle. You need the lengh for the boat to stay in the water so you can have control . Out of the water fun but no good, no control. Ive seen the video of OCCJOES boat in a poker run passing 35 top guns in some rough water at over 90 mph. No chine walking there !! Ive had hydrostreams that chine walk at 70. My 24 outlaw with a 600 went 80 and was tough to drive. Took that motor out of that boat and put it in my Tempest and went 85. Like on rails and actually boaring to drive. You have to know your boat the conditions and your own capability. Dont be a toughguy and try to keep up with the pack if your in over your head. Some people are no longer with us today for just that reason .