Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
SUPERBOAT 30Y2K Seats? >

SUPERBOAT 30Y2K Seats?

Notices

SUPERBOAT 30Y2K Seats?

Old 09-29-2002, 07:23 AM
GRH

Default SUPERBOAT 30Y2K Seats?

I like the look of the seats John uses in the new 30'.... I wonder who manufactures them & if I could retrofit my 24' with a pair... I would like to sit lower in the boat & never use the drop out on the bolsters.... anybody know who makes those seats? I'd call JC but I'm still waiting for decals I ordered months ago... so I'm guessing he's busy

Old 09-29-2002, 09:44 AM
JIM H
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

superboat builds those seat
Old 09-30-2002, 06:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey Gary,

I never stand while driving my boat either. I think those high back buckets like you see in some cats would be cool. The only problems I see is with leg room. You would probable have to cut out some of the forward bulkhead in the cockpit. I want to get the foot rest insert for the drivers side over the winter. I may have to move my seat back a little. Are the seats in the 24 through bolted to the deck? Somebody told me they were just lag bolted to the deck. If thats the case they should be easy to move.

Dave M.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:13 AM
GRH

DAVE M ... I installed the foot insert & it worked out great... nice improvement.... i like my seats fine... they just sit higher in the boat then I like....I do stand up, but I don't drop the bottoms.... I had thought about just lowering them.... but I liked the look of the 30's sit down seats.... maybe I'll try calling John.... perhaps he would build me a pair.....

Old 10-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Registered

GRH,
I am thinking of removing the seats in my 30y2k , I prefer drop outs , I like to stand often. They are in perfect condition (all white) I have no idea what they are worth , they are well made and very sturdy .Find out what they would cost new and maybe we could work out a fair deal . Bolsters are so dam expensive . Anybody know where i can get a good deal on a set ?

Jim C
JESSIEJAMES III
Old 10-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hi Jim,

John has put the drop out bolsters in the new 30 but I'm not sure
they will work with your Race Deck, talk to him abought that, also
he has to cut and hinge the steps/door so it dosn't hit the seat when opening, the bolsters are wider,

Eddie Simmons
Superboatusa.com
Old 10-07-2002, 12:28 PM
GRH

jcap - I'd be interested in your seats.... I wonder if my bolsters would work in your 30Y2K?... they're in perfect shape & are all white with 2 red & black strips in the middle.... so perhaps you could replace the centers?..... I'd check with John to see if it could be done... Let me know.... Thanks ... Gary.

Old 10-10-2002, 08:23 AM
Registered

Hey gary,
Can you send a pic of those seats?
Fastedy, we missed you at the li hot toddy run ! and who is organizing next years superboat gathering ! now is the time to do it right !How about it guys ?
Old 10-10-2002, 12:35 PM
GRH

jcap - I'll try.... but I'm not o proficient at this computer S^%$.... Perhaps one of us should call JC & ask him if he'd be willing to do the retrofit for both of us? At least we'd be sure it was done right....just a thought...

Old 10-10-2002, 03:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hey Jim,

Maybe we could start getting organized after the holidays, Maybe tie it in with the Hot Tottie run or plan a trip around the bay and end up at kismet for a planned dinner, Just some Ideas.

Eddie Simmons

Quick Reply: SUPERBOAT 30Y2K Seats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.