Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three! >

Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Notices

Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Old 04-09-2019, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Great looking piece and the XCATS run them, so you know they can handle the punishment too.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by lightspeed
You got me thinking..... I see these are adjustable. We preordered a Bobs Machine Double jack and gave a deposit. As I mentioned they are moving and will be several weeks out. If I went SRT route what would be my mounting options be? Perhaps You could get in touch with Mike and have him call me @ 203-240-14 zero nine?
Old 04-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I worked part time for Shaun before i had my triple bypass and he can make u anything u want all the boat builders are using them ,,,I called Mike he will give u a ring
Old 04-10-2019, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I spoke with Mike thank you! Mike did mention about your health the other day when I asked how you were, and I hope your on the mend and feeling better
Old 04-11-2019, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cored the whole deck yesterday. Today, grind it all up, and start flashing over the coring
Old 04-16-2019, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Coosa board used on the back side of the deck as well

Old 04-16-2019, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Things are moving right along unfortunately at this point no word on availability of the engines or an estimated delivery for them. I have ordered a rolls axle trailer for the boat as I’m very familiar from my previous boat and really liked the quality and thought that was well-built. But at this point I guess there’s really no hurry for it. The deck is complete other than the gel coat.

Last edited by SUPERSTITIOUS; 04-16-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Didn’t finish
Old 04-17-2019, 05:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Looks great! Is the cockpit the same size on the OB boat as the I/O? It would be nice to cut down on the size of the engine compartment and extend the cockpit.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thank You Dave the cockpit is the same size. Yes extending the cockpit would be cool... but the size works for me. I personally felt the cockpit pretty spacious comparing other manufactures and similar size and style boat. Even for such a narrow beam boat I felt the cockpit quite wide, with the narrow gunwale it makes it for easy in and out the side. Certainly a lot of open real estate under the hatch though. The hatch on the other hand acts as a great slide as I'm sure you know. Heck even in one of your posts, when you owned SUPERSTITIOUS, I picked up on a great idea from you! Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw you carrying one of those rubber -backed bath mats.... What a great idea... No slipping and sliding down the hatch. Once when I weekended at Block Island parked stern to the dock one dewy evening I almost took an unexpected swim! Hell, rolling that out would be the sh!t right there. I even considered some SeaDeck type product for the top of the hatch, not totally sold on the idea, or for that matter even a sunpad look is not my thing. I will probably do a SeaDeck material in under-hatch area though.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

You are right about the y2K cockpit. It is pretty roomy. The bath mats do work great. You won't need the hatch, so maybe you can find one big mat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.