Superboat Reunion >

Superboat Reunion

Notices

Superboat Reunion

Old 03-24-2003, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JMK and OH-ZONE, I had planned to trailor to Superfest, but if there's going to be three of us, I would be in for the trek. It will be 80-90 miles though. Would we leave Friday Night?
JMK did you buy John's Red and White leftover 2001 with the 2002 6.2L? If so, you beat me to it. If I had sold my Pantera, I would have bought that boat.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CT Superfest participants: I'd leave Friday afternoon. Once you are through Shinnecock Canal (locking through will slow you down), there are two options: On the outside (ocean) or on the inside.

Outside is faster and easier, but it depends on the weather. Winds are usually highest in the afternoon/eve.

Going on the inside is slowed down by canals with speed limits and sometimes tricky navigation (sand banks.)

With the 21footers, I'd plan on going on the inside, especially in the evening.

Sunset on 7/25 is 8:13p

High tide on 7/25, Ponquogue Bridge, past Shinnecock Canal is at 6:13p, Babylon (Great South Bay) 8:14p.

That looks like a good window.

Last edited by Peconic; 03-24-2003 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Registered

Default kismet inn

I have contacted the owner of the kismet Inn, and I am trying to rent the entire marina for superfest.He isnt crazy about the idea but I hope to convince him.This would enable us to have a meeting place and a place to return to after a run.We could have a dinner at the inn and make this fun for us and profitable for the inn.It will require everyone to chip in but hopefully we can keep it reasonable.I will keep all informed.Unfortunetly I wont be able to make the OSO get together, let me know how that goes.
Jim Capie
Old 03-28-2003, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello to All,
I am vary much looking forward to Superfest. Sounds like it's getting bigger and better all the time.
I had previously mentioned a trip to Block Island that I am planning. The date is now set for Sunday and Monday, August 17th and 18th. The plan is to leave from the CT River Sunday morning for the run to BI. Spend the night at Champlin's marina then run back Monday with a stop at the Pavilion, a beach bar in Old Lyme CT. Everyone is invited to join !!!
Old 03-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Hey peconic, I'm sending you some pictures of my Boat and the Banner I'm bringing to the " Fest". hope this works . Let me know if you don't get them.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Room 4 more

Just so you superfest attendees,there is a state park with plenty of room for boat parking. Its located right between Kismet and democrat point in the Fire Island Inlet,so im quite sure we could ferry some superfest attendees in those "biggersuperboats" to the activities at kismet. tripps
Old 03-30-2003, 04:47 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

hey trpps and peconic
have you contacted the guy who owns the marina/restaurant on robbins rest you couldnt ask for a better location,they have hotel
room and great food maybe you could;d work something out with him its called tequila jacks
Old 03-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Registered

Hey Jim ,
Thats a great idea , I will give them a try.Any chance you know who owns the place?
Jim C
Old 03-30-2003, 08:16 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

no but ill try to find out hey have there own high speed ferry service based out of the marina just south of the fi ferry terminal
ill stop over there and try to find out

is anyone going to the oso party on sat?
Jim h
Old 03-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Jim,of course were goin,who,s gonna drink all the BEER, HEY why dont you drag JCup there for us,we will let him be our guest speaker!!!! tripps

Quick Reply: Superboat Reunion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.