Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
quick question >

quick question

Notices

quick question

Old 12-28-2003, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian, I notice tippiness every weekend, but that is not any boats fault.

HP, great to hear from you man. Tell the family Hi from all of us and have a great new years.
Mark
Old 12-29-2003, 06:34 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Wildchild212
Brian, I notice tippiness every weekend, but that is not any boats fault.

LMAO

Mark, same to you. Have a safe New Years !!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have got a number of big dogs like Brian on our softball team.
Used to have bigger tipping issues back when I have my 20' Donzi Minx. I would have the biggest sit in the middle of the back seat.
K-planes solve the problem these days...

Brian, are you still looking for a 24' Pantera?
I think the current owner of my old one plans to put it up for sale. He dumped lots of money into it. Full hydraulic steering and a 620HP blower motor. I believe he is a three boat owner at this point. He still has the engine I rebuilt, so I think he would sell it with either.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

FOR BEING NARROW ITS A DRY RIDE AT ANY SPEED .IVE OWNED BOTH A 24 AND NOW A 30 THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS NOW WITH THE 30 YOU DONT GET OFF THE THROTTLE WHEN YOU SEE ROLLERS.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:20 PM
mirageman

How difficult is it for a 240+ pound guy to get into the cabin on the 30y2k? Do I need to lube myself up before trying to get into the cabin?

Is it a pretty functional pleasure boat if you want to take some guests out for a ride around the lake?

Does anyone know the wieght difference between the production 30y2k and the light wieght hull? Or would it be better to just get the regular hulled boat and put 8500 bucks into the motor?

How many of the 30y2k's have been built and does anybody have pictures of them? I have seen fastedys boat, the jesse james, and the yellow and blue striped boat with the blower motor, and the F-1 boat that the Coens raced. any others?

Is the engine hatch strong enough to hold several sunbathers without spider cracking?

How do your wives feel about the boat? Do they enjoy it? Do they wish it had more options? Anyone use the porta-potti?

Can you sleep 4 adults in it?

Does anyone have children, and take them out in it?

How does it ride? Any porposing at certain speeds?

What are the things you enjoy about your boat? What are the things you wish you had gotten as options when it was built?

I have got a baby due in March and around June maybe looking more seriously at this boat. So family happiness is key, but then again I want to lay the hammer down every once and a while and air it out. Or maybe I will want to take it down to california and race in performance class sometime in the future. I don't know yet. I do like the looks of the boat and have heard nothing but good things about the boats, and there owners.

What are your thoughts?

Old 12-31-2003, 03:43 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

hi mirageman
as for as the weight goes im about 300 lbs and fit with no problem in cabin entry
the v birth is big and it has 2 small facing seats on each side of the cabin that would be good for a child

i had a 24 and didnt notice it tipping to bad when i got on

as far as the ride it's like a hot knife threw butter

i know you are really far away call john the owner of superboat he'll answer any question you might have
631-226-1761

i'm in the middle of a divorce and i would like to get a 30 by the summer
good luck HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
jim h

ps john just bay tested the new black 30 with the its transom assembley

pss email me anytime if you have any question
Old 12-31-2003, 04:24 PM
mirageman

Thanks Jim! Sorry to hear about the big "D". I think the boat is pretty damn hot. Superboat has changed there website the past few days and from the looks of things they got some pretty good deals right now. Keep us/me posted on when you plan on purchasing, and what options you end up with. realistically I am looking at mid-summer at the earliest. So I want to hear how it goes.

Happy New Year!

If you hear anymore about the black boat let us know! I would like to hear more about it!

Old 01-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Superboat

Dear Mirage:

When you are ready to make a purchase, or if you have anymore questions now, please give me a call. We do have a new special running on our 30. Check out the web site for details at http://www.superboatonline.com

Good luck and best wishes with the new baby.