October 16th, CT River

Notices

October 16th, CT River

Old 09-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: October 16th, CT River

hey guys,
id like to do an oct. run , where and when whos going ?
Old 09-22-2004, 05:38 AM
Registered

OCT 16th...9:30a.m. drivers meeting...Informal run...15 miles up...stop...15 more miles up..then 30 back. Lasy year 70 boats (17' + avg). I"ll be leaving LI 6a.m Sat morning for the 3 hr. tow for the day. There are accomadations in the area. Check the S&F thread for more info.

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...threadid=54016
Old 09-22-2004, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just read a little about the run; didn't realize that it is a run north to Hartford.
I guess that is a better direction for the smaller boats.
Do any of you LI fellows plan to stay over Saturday night?
Haddam Island is a great place to camp out. It may be a little chilly in October though...
Also, there are a number of nice places to stay along the shoreline.
I would be happy to run the southern part of the river with some of you that do decide to stay until Sunday.
The river from Haddam south is quite different than north. I my opinion much nicer and more scenic...
Old 09-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Registered

hey pat,
can you give me a name of a nice hotel on or close to water , we are considering staying sat night and playing on sunday as well
superbash
we will join you on the trip up , how bout it Zup and tripps? Im going to play hooky this friday i tried to join your wednesday party couldnt make it, anybody wanna come and play friday? still supposed to be 80 deg
Old 09-23-2004, 06:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jcap,
The Saybrook Point Inn is right on the water in Old Saybrook and as nice as it gets. There are three marinas right there for dockage.
In Essex there is the Griswold Inn right in the center of the "Best Small Town in America" also two marinas for dockage...
Jim, Both of these towns are right on the CT river but a bit south of Haddam; Essex about 10miles, Old Saybrook about 15miles.
In East Haddam there is the Gelston House that is also vary picturesque, however no dockage.
I keep may boat in Chester about 7 miles south of Haddam. I can get you a spot for your boat at my marina in or out of the water.
The Inn at Chester is vary nice but not on the water...
Give me a shout if you like, home number (860) 767-0797
Old 09-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Registered

Unhappy Re: October 16th, CT River

Just got info for the '04 L.I. Hot Toddy Run from Charlie T. himself . It's been pushed back to Oct. 16th !!! Run will be to Smiths Point Bridge...wait for us slow guys (me)...then back to Bayshore "Molly Malones". Must decide.

Wanted to do both runs....
Old 09-26-2004, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: October 16th, CT River

It's looking like we will be taking delivery of our new SB on Oct 15, and would stay in the area for a run on the 16th. I'd prefer to not to have to tow 3 hrs but will do so if most of you will do the CT run. On the other hand, a good showing of SB's in the home area would work better for us.... who's doing what out there?
Old 09-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Registered

Thanks Pat I will giv you a call,
superbash and krac, I have done the hot toddy run a few times,some amazing hardware always appears , some of the hottest on the east coast! It is a short run and a bit chaotic, there are some very fast boats (RECOVERY 150 160mph?) smaller slower boats tend to get no respect,not that that ever stopped me before, but im going to give the CT river a shot, Ive never been and always like to try a new spot! congrats Krac on the new boat! maybe we can still hook up when you pick her up
Jim
Old 09-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Registered

the hot toddy run isnt going to the bar in westhampton this year???
Old 09-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Registered

Smile Re: October 16th, CT River

JCAP...I've heard the same from Tripps & others also of the toddy. But Charlie Tesauro & Joey Impresscia assure me we are welcome & wanted. & yes it is short. I'm still on for Ct. Originally the toddy was Oct. 2 , so Krak woulda missed it. It would be a lot simpler for him. Krakemeup Y2K vs.Team Rudden?
- I"ll see by the end of the week if anything changes...300X tomorrow (you guys are sick of hearing that, I know...)

Quick Reply: October 16th, CT River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.