October 16th, CT River

Notices

October 16th, CT River

Old 09-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: October 16th, CT River

OK, if all goes well, we're in! We can go the water route, but we may have to leave early (be back on the road by 2 or 3p), so we'll need to think about options.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Registered

hey pat,
thanks for the help just booked saturday the 16 at the saybrook inn, is there a ramp near by? we will spend half the day sunday. you up for being the tour guide? we have never been in the area and are lookin forward to it , no kids or dogs this trip! we will trailer it up early saturday morning , who is coming from the island ? superbash ? zup? the sound can get pretty snotty in october and i also burn alot of fuel! so we are definetely trailering, krac is kinda pushing it if he wants to leave by 2 or 3 maybe he should just trailer it and leave from CT.NOW ALL WE NEED IS ONE MORE GOOD WEEKEND!
Old 09-29-2004, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jcap,
The Saybrook Point Inn is at the mouth of the CT river and is about as nice as it gets.
Do you want to keep your boat in or out of the water Saturday night?
The closest launch is under the I-95 bridge about 2miles up river. It is a free state launch and is the best spot to launch on the river. The CT river run starts at Haddam meadows state park about another 15miles north. My boat is in Chester half way between the two. You can launch at any of the three quite easily.
I am happy to be your guide from Haddam meadows south. When we run north of Haddam, we'll just keep it in the channel. I have never gone past Middletown so this will be new for me too.
The leaves are just starting to change here. It should be a beutiful ride...
When the time gets closer, we should get a game plan Jim.
Talk to you soon,
Old 09-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

With having to leave so early, we've decided to trailer to Saybrook (Saybrook Point Inn sounds good) Friday evening assuming all goes well at John's. Where and what time Sat. morning would be best to meet you guys?

K & RA
Old 09-29-2004, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Krakmeup,
I believe that Jcap and Superbash are traveling to CT early Saturday morning.
I'm not sure where they plan to launch. We have a couple of weeks to get a plan together.
Please let me know if I can help with any arrangements.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Registered

hey krac, if you are planing on the saybrook inn call now! the had few rooms available!
And yes my wife and i are planing on leaving early saturday morning hopefully with superbash and anybody else ?
superbash, we gotta plan to meet somewhere and maybe find a few scream and fly guys who know the way , i know several long island guys went last year,and dam you seem to know everybody!!
Pat, we got a room and slip for saturday night so we can play sunday,how close is the park the run starts at from the hotel? I am hoping to leave the boat in until sunday and figure a way to get my truck from the ramp to hotel and leave the trailer somewhere , any help would be greatly appreciated, and maybe we can do a little exploring on sunday, either way we can talk next week and make some plans!
superbash, If next wednesday is nice maybe we can talk at tanner
Old 09-30-2004, 02:34 PM
T-Mone
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Pat,

My name is Anthony Mone' and I own a 24 Pantera and live in Brookfield Ct. I have been reading your posts on this Ct. River run and was wondering if this is A Superboat only run or if you guys would be opposed to have a Pantera cruise up the river with you all. I had mentioned it to Full Throttle and he would also be interested in joining in the fun..Let me know what you think...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Registered

Re: October 16th, CT River

T-Mone...What up... the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. However..do me a favor & check the scream&fly thread

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...threadid=54016

From what I understand, all are welcome.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:51 PM
T-Mone
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Superbash thanks for the info, look forward to it, see ya on the 16th..
Old 09-30-2004, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: October 16th, CT River

Hey Superbash,
Looks like you got something big started...

T-Mone,
Another 24' Pantera (Vitamin C) from Deep River/Old Saybrook is thinking of joining too. I believe he is a friend of Full Throttle's.

Jcap,
Old Saybrook is 17-18miles south of Haddam. If you can get to the Old Saybrook I-95 ramp by 8-8:30am, you can launch and drive up the river to Haddam Meadows with plenty of time for the drivers meeting. That way your truck is close to the hotel. If you launch at Haddam Meadows, we'll figure anther to get your truck back to Old Saybrook. You definately want to drive your boat to the hotel.

Hey Bash, Are you staying over Saturday night?

See You All Soon,

Quick Reply: October 16th, CT River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.