Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K

Notices

Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K

Old 01-02-2008, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MDGperformance
Hey Gary is your boat have regular gauges or smartcraft,if it is wired smartcraft you will need to use pcm555 ( much harder to recalibrate than mefi 1-4) you may need to re-rig dash for standard gauges if engine builder uses aftermarket computer or mefi1-4,just something to look into.Modern electonic control units are nice but can create issues when modifications are done.Merc racing changed there wire harness acouple years ago.
Not to speek for Gary, but yes he does have Smartcraft gauges and is aware that if he goes to an aftermarket computer, the gauges need to change.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat, Dave thanks for your response, as I understand the smartcraft guages and harness will have to be removed whether I install a new motor or reprogram the current set up ( 502 merc racing motor ). I was hoping for an eazy solution, but at this point I doubt there is one.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gary,how much you asking for your 600,how many total hours,how many since rebuild,don't see it advertised anywhere,might be able to help you sell it,does it have the old style wire harness or the new style(the older 525 use to have old style harness could rig smartcraft or std style gauges,the newer engines have different harness ,makes it a pain to install in older boat,need to buy 800 harness plus a couple of boxes to covert signal from digital to analog,turns into a real mess i know i installed a set of new 525 into a 02 35 fountain,I even called merc racing and asked if they could build me a set of engines with the old harness,they said no need to buy all the other crap,I think merc racing is forcing oem to buy smartcraft,the problem is on a repower on older boats not wired for smartcraft
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MDGperformance
Gary,how much you asking for your 600,how many total hours,how many since rebuild,don't see it advertised anywhere,might be able to help you sell it,does it have the old style wire harness or the new style(the older 525 use to have old style harness could rig smartcraft or std style gauges,the newer engines have different harness ,makes it a pain to install in older boat,need to buy 800 harness plus a couple of boxes to covert signal from digital to analog,turns into a real mess i know i installed a set of new 525 into a 02 35 fountain,I even called merc racing and asked if they could build me a set of engines with the old harness,they said no need to buy all the other crap,I think merc racing is forcing oem to buy smartcraft,the problem is on a repower on older boats not wired for smartcraft
Dave, could you PM me with a phone #. I know I could explain much better on the phone, also I would like to pick your Brain !!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Dave, nice talking with you today, perhaps we will stop down and see one of your motors !!!
Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey G,
I see that your boat is no longer in the classifieds. It is getting too close to spring to have another built before the season.
Any bites on the 600 yet?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Hey G,
I see that your boat is no longer in the classifieds. It is getting too close to spring to have another built before the season.
Pat, I guess the 3 months ran out ( add time ) I realize the market is slow, but I'm not giving Superbabi away, way to much TLC in that boat. As for the 600 sale there are a few thing that could happen ( soon I hope ) !!! I really would like that 750-800 in the hull for 2008 season !!!!

Last edited by Superbabi; 01-09-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Hey G,

Pat, I got a call lastnite, this could happen any day !!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Gary thats how my motor sold. Had a few kickers in the beginning then dead, Next thing you know it was getting crated up and sent to tenn !! For your new venture weater it be upgrading the 600 or a new 598 think about running it in the upper 5k range , Theirs alot of speed to be had up their . And for the short bursts you do it will be fine.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Superbabi is gonna be awesome with 800-850 HP. You'll definately be kicking ass on Toms River next season.

Quick Reply: Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.