Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K >

Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K

Notices

Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K

Old 08-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 139 Likes on 61 Posts

Gary, I'm going with the SCX. I'll keep you up to date.
They offer one piece 5" gears and claim gear strength is far better than the merc gear. the prop shaft is 1,7/8" or #6 your choice.Water passages through-out so no need for a shower.
The helmet and drive is (i think) 1" wider. The foot larger and yes some speed could be lost over the Bravo.I was told that in most cases prop and spacer tweeking got back most speed losses.

we'll see what happens....
. ordered the gimble assy yesterday
Old 08-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Tom, I'm very glad you pulled the triger on the SCX, I can't wait to see your results with the new drive. I pretty much have narrowed down to the SCX and the Konrad/ Ace ( thanks Dave at MDG performance, your a wealth of info. Dave is running a Konrad/Ace on his Y2K with great results.) I am leaning towards the Imco with the easy swap out with XR. Best of luck Tom. When do you thinks you will be up and running ????
Old 08-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok Gary say you get the SCX what prop shaft do you get ? If you like your props now keep that shaft. I finaly got my slip down to 6% with the number 6 propshaft. I dont know how those props will work with the drive case being so large. Also speedy props are not a dime a dozen.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
Ok Gary say you get the SCX what prop shaft do you get ? If you like your props now keep that shaft. I finaly got my slip down to 6% with the number 6 propshaft. I dont know how those props will work with the drive case being so large. Also speedy props are not a dime a dozen.
very good points
Old 08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Tom, I'm very glad you pulled the triger on the SCX, I can't wait to see your results with the new drive. I pretty much have narrowed down to the SCX and the Konrad/ Ace ( thanks Dave at MDG performance, your a wealth of info. Dave is running a Konrad/Ace on his Y2K with great results.) I am leaning towards the Imco with the easy swap out with XR. Best of luck Tom. When do you thinks you will be up and running ????
Has MDG tried the SCX ? what was the results?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Mike I would think to keep the bravo type props, what are the pros and cons ????
Old 08-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Gary I dont know anybody running #6 type props on bravo type cases. Over the phone they will say anything to sell you sI would stomething. The larger diameter props are a definate plus for lowering the slip number. But low slip doesnt always equate to more speed. Older #6 type props have 14 degrees of rake ,not real good for bowlift. New high rake #6 prop are custom made by throttle up. 5K for a single. Thats one pretty expensive guinee pig. Will it work, who knows. I would stick with what works.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

New high rake #6 prop are custom made by throttle up. 5K for a single. Thats one pretty expensive guinee pig. Will it work, who knows. I would stick with what works.
Mike, looks like bravo type props are the way to go.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is the first one...
Attached Thumbnails Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K-dsc03794.jpg  
Old 08-15-2008, 05:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Very nice Rik, can't wait to see some performance data. How much HP/Trq is the drive rated at ? Also no Skeg on the drive ??

Quick Reply: Superbabi !! Heres your pics of your Y2K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.