Notices

Y2K props

Old 12-18-2004, 04:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Re: Y2K props

Rick, You'r Right. It's Jc Who Will Be Crazy! We Just Went From Mild To Wild!! So How Fast Are Ya Thinking? ( I Like ) :d
Old 12-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Y2K props

Check out this prop Gary
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=26456
Old 12-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Jim Thanks For The Info On The Bottom Blueprinting,skip Also Told Me It Would Help Me Out Since I Converted To The Speedy Found It Hard To Believe So I Left It Alone.now I Know You Just Saved Me Some Denaro So I O U A Drink.im Still Haven't Tried Or Received My Secret Chopper Yet.im Suprised John Jr Is Not On The Board,he Is Very Knowledgeable About Superboats And Their R&d.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Registered

JESSEJAMESRACING 90MPH...........88 ALL DAY WITH A FULL COOLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered

Hey Ric,
yes I have the Jessie James Boat, and yes I am aware of various changes that can be made during blueprinting, and I hav no complaints with Bobs work and actually it proved that the hull out of the mold is pretty dam good and Bob did my hull on his back!( the prefered method is fliping the hull upside down) Thanks Bob!
I would like to hear any info you could get me on the layup of my hull, and the approx. weight. and original X dim , are the new hulls being built lighter? I think mine was built for factory 1 specs
Pat , to answer your prop question yes , the mirage is a stern lifting prop , the bravo pulls the stern down, there really is no such thing as a bow lifting prop, the prop affects the stern and what happens to the bow depends on the hull design . Most deepv hulls react to stern lift with bow drop and stern drop with bow lift. some hulls run faster with stern lift because the hull design has natural bow lift and a stern lifting prop makes the boat run drier meaning less running surface below the water line :ie less drag. Our superboat hulls tend to like the stern pulled down , better handling and bow lift. You should get your hands on a 5 blade round ear for the new hp you will never go back.
Krac those were awsome numbers!
Superbash, you back together?

Jim
Old 12-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim,
I''ll find out about your layup tomorrow
Old 12-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Registered

JCAP!
Good info you gave us there. No...I'm not ready yet. BASH always take a traditional NewYears Day cruise...but it probably won't happen this year. I can deal with it. I'm gonna get Matt's idea on my setup & see what he says for a prop.
WWW.THROTTLE-UP.COM
Old 12-21-2004, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Superbash,
Have you tried a 5 blade yet?

Jcap,
I'm not thinking my boat needs more effective bow lift than the Bravo 1 gives.
She will fly pretty high without porpoising when you trim her out. I also have not experienced much if any blow-out with a Bravo 1. But maybe with more power???
My Mirage + blows out all the time...
A 5 blade might be a waste of money for a 24' Super.
Jim you are also scaring me with the "harder on drives". I just bought a new 2004 after hitting that tree right before FountainSuperDonziVelocityFest...
Maybe I'll ask if any of the 24' Pantera owners have tried one...
Old 12-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

PAT

I have always been told that 24's have a hull speed. I just never realized what the problem or cause of this was...& didn't realize there was a solution. I know that just adding gobs of power to a 24 just won't do it alone. I was always taught that a 2 blade is faster than a 3 blade...3 is faster than a 4...& so on. I don't know about just adding blades makes it faster...or the combined technology of the 5 blade design...which in turn ends up like $1500.00 I think. I think the 4 blade & hull mod. to the step hull is needed for me. I know I have brought this up before to you & Dave M with the "bowlift thing". Do you keep picking up speed the more you trim? I do.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Superbash,
I have also been told that less blades should be faster. I would now say that is definitely not the case with all of the new technology these days. The effect the prop has on the boats attitude can outweigh the added drag of extra blades. My boat is a little faster (2mph) with a stock Mirage plus vs. a stock Bravo 1. I had them both labbed last year and the speed difference is now not more than 1mph.
I think you may be right about the 24' having a max hull speed; somewhere around 90mph.
I have heard that 24' Superboats and 24' Panteras run about 85mph with 500-550HP. They don't seem to go any faster than 90mph with even 700+HP. Most guys I have talked to say the boat is a real hand-full over 80mph...
Maybe it is time for a surface drive like Crazy George...
As for your question: No, my boat does not go faster the more I trim up. There is a sweat spot. I do have to trim farther with the Bravo 1 vs the Mirage +.
I think that I am better off buying another Bravo 1 and spending the extra $1000 on something else.
Thanks to Jim and the rest of you, I am get an education though...

Quick Reply: Y2K props

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.