Notices

Y2K props

Old 12-23-2004, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Y2K props

I think Mike said the prop shaft was 3" below the bottom before he changed the drive.
Now it is 1" below with the Speed Master.

The 24' Super I/Os have the X at 18" or so. My Pantera was the same. The prop shaft is 5" below the point of the V on my boat and 6-1-/2" below the pad on the step 24' I/O.
Condor 24 re-rigged his 1-1/2" to 2" higher than mine. we'll see how he makes out.

How is the 30' Y2K set up?

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 12-23-2004 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sometimes its best just to sit back and listen.Singles do need alot of bow lift.The original set up was 2 below with a neutral box=3 below plus leverage from the box.All = to 86-87 with 550n hp.nothing fancy with props.Now with the speedy IV the motor was able to be lowered 1.5 inches in the boat for better center of gravity and prop still 1 below the bottom.And yes they do make spacers from the 1-3 inches.So changing the X will be effortless.With the speedy case being so narrow you get to use alot more blade surface of the prop so im hoping on not going to low with the drive and still being effective.But we all know its a trial in error.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who is going to give me a ride in a 30' Superboat next year???
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!
Old 12-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcap
Thrust is a mechanical force which is generated through the reaction of accelerating a mass of gas, as explained by Newton's third law of motion. The gas or working fluid is accelerated to the rear and the engine and craft are accelerated in the opposite direction.
From Newton's second law of motion, we can define a force F to be the change in momentum of an object with a change in time. Momentum is the object's mass m times the velocity V. So, between two times t1 and t2, the force is given by:

F = ((m * V)2 - (m * V)1) / (t2 - t1)

If we keep the mass constant and just change the velocity with time we obtain the simple force equation - force equals mass time acceleration a
F = m * a
If we are dealing with a solid, keeping track of the mass is relatively easy; the molecules of a solid are closely bound to each other and a solid retains its shape. But if we are dealing with a fluid (liquid or gas) and particularly if we are dealing with a moving fluid, keeping track of the mass gets tricky. For a moving fluid, the important parameter is the mass flow rate. Mass flow rate is the amount of mass moving through a given plane over some amount of time. Its dimensions are mass/time (kg/sec, slug/sec, ...) and it is equal to the density r times the velocity V times the area A. Aerodynamicists denote this parameter as m dot (m with a little dot over the top).
Jim
Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

HEY PAT, YOU ARE WELCOME " DOWN THE SHORE " ANY TIME. SUPERBABI WILL BE WAITING !!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS..........
Old 12-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pat - come to Texas again, I'll meet you and get you for a ride in the SB!!! JCap, my heads spinning just like Bash above - we were LOL at the image he attached!

I do agree there's nothing that beats trials - get out there and report back - we finally hit some cold weather so I don't know when I can report on the 5 blade, but i'll do it as soon as I can

Keth
Old 12-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Hey Dave M.
What do you think? Got an extra $1000 in the budjet?
I know we both need new props....
I think my boat was as dialed in as it was going to get with the box stock 26 Bravo. Based on the numbers I have ran with my Bravo and Mirage +, I don't think there is any magic snake oil prop that is going to give me much more. Budget? $hit! I'm spending 50% of what I originally paid for the boat this winter! When I get back on the water I am going to borrow a 28P Bravo. If that works, I'll buy a new one and keep my "used for 1 hour" 26P as a spare. End of story.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Registered

Here's what looks like to be a pic of DaveM "dialing in" his old set up.
-Man...more H.P....bigger prop...I gotta do some dialing in myself.
Attached Thumbnails Y2K props-041224_15_20_31_24.186.86.68_320x240.jpg  
Old 12-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THAT pic looks familiar! That boat is one wild ride!
Old 12-24-2004, 05:45 PM
Registered

Mike ,
Try going deeper, a spacer is cheaper than a speedy prop anyhow ! I gained 5 mph by adding a 2 inch spacer , I know that goes against what most of us have been taught but it worked for me. Deeper drive also aids bow lift

Quick Reply: Y2K props

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.