Just Signed Up! Y2k Me Too!

Notices

Just Signed Up! Y2k Me Too!

Old 09-13-2005, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: Just Signed Up! Y2k Me Too!

Activatior shows up with 3 boats. The blue one with the 525(you can read about its details here in the classifieds). THe orange one with a 600 hp blower motor in it I believe. And an un-riged yellow one. THe guys from Activator were all great and I had a blast meeting and chatting with them. First Eric Colby and the photographer due there visuals and walk thru and make their notes. Next was the photo shoot, which was momentarily delayed due to a loud and grumpy park ranger who not only busted balls but made an ass of himself for no boat reg's on the yellow boat (HA! hell it wouldn't even float with the big hole in the transome and a missing (lost ) trailer plate, telling one of the dudes from Activator he had an attitude and was being loud, when the only one I heard raising his voice was the man with the badge. By the way the other woman Park Ranger who showed up was quite nice! Then he told us we needed a permit... He gave us a # to call and Eric Colby kind of de-fused the situation, made the call and as suspected no permit was required. So off we went for the photo's The photographer wants us to head South across the bay and off we go. JC assures us there is plenty of water and guess what..........Yup....... you guessed it........Me and the Orange Activator carring the photographer end up running into the Shallows.......This time no prop damage but I cant seem to keep the damn paint on the skeg!!! After many runs up and down the bay(In the channel!) the photo session is over and its Activators turn. By the way Kryptonite doesnt show...
Old 09-13-2005, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Eric liked the rigging on both boats and had a bunch of positive comments and then was off for the individual test runs with his photographer for a plethera of testing while the rest of us hung at the ramp and BS'ed. Anyway the bay was dead calm and the speed #'s weren't great, Activator ran 80 with the 525 and SUPERSTITIOUS ran 77( I used the 28p Bravo 1 and Activator ran a 6blade 27p hering which somehow thru it all got a wee bit dinged (Ouch). John JR. was also on hand to liven things up and add a "little color" to the boating stories.
I for one had a great time and truely appreciated the opportunity to participate and wish to Thank Erick Colby from Speedboat and Boating for putting this together and giving Superboat some well deserved press. Thanks JC for the Invite to showcase my boat SUPERSTITIOUS which I absolutely love! And again thanks Rick for staying late and arriving early to lend me a hand
Old 09-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anytime Gary. Thats what I'm here for
Old 09-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well good night Gary, It's been one hell of a day !!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a good day! Congrats.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn guess i should have stuck around another 2 days Oh well

So is the write up only going to be on 2 companys then if thats all that showed up?
Old 09-14-2005, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OH-ZONE
As I suspected after the low speed test on Candlewood Lake, the 30p Bravo I was too much prop.
Hey Gary,
Hale Propeller here in Old Saybrook can take an inch or so of pitch out of your 30p. A friend of mine had one of his done recently with good success. They only charged him like $100...
Your Boat Looks Great!
JC should be kissing your butt for helping to present a great product...
Old 09-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OZ ZONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SURE GLAD ALL WORKED OUT WELL FOR YOU !!!!! YES. I'M ALL AMPED UP FOR YOU !!!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Pat. I must say JC always seems to take good care of me and was "especially appreciative" for helping him out. And yes he practicly did kiss my azz (which he didn't have to), who wouldn't want their boat involved, and lets just say it was beneficial to all parties concerned! All BS aside. I get along great with JC. He does dish it out at times, but he can take it too and to me that can be all part of the fun!
JC is going to send the prop to merc for me. Thanks Pat!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

HB; Wish you could have hung around, I could have used a hand and would have liked to put a face to the name(at least you could have turned around for the photo Gary took of you on SUPERBABI)! Not sure how its gonna end up Eric did want at least 4 boats for the shoot-out, he may try to test other comparable boats at a later date. Supossedly the guy from Kryptonite's wife was unexpectedly having a baby and trying to get one of his buddies to show Eric the boat later that day/week. Eric was a bit disappointed though... As far as Progression??? Who knows.......

Quick Reply: Just Signed Up! Y2k Me Too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.