Shorter Drive on an Ocean Pacer? >

Shorter Drive on an Ocean Pacer?

Notices

Shorter Drive on an Ocean Pacer?

Old 01-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shorter Drive on an Ocean Pacer?

How does the 30' Ocean Pacer respond to a 2" shorter drive a la Konrad? Has anyone put the Konrad drives on this hull?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THese make an ocean pacer haul azz.

here used to be one down here onthis lake with mild small blocks that would run in the 80's

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o20805-en.html
Old 01-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No history on this?
Old 01-31-2008, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where is your x now. my trs are high and the boat runs great
CDC
Old 01-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll measure it. I assumed that TRS boats would all be the same. I'm looking at what the likely difference would be on this hull with a drive like a Konrad which is a little less than 2" shorter.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered

no, they are all different, lucky would have a better idea, b/c he had a few of them but i know my drives are high, and they are higher then most cigarette 38s or 35s with trs b/c they are tanks to get on plane. i like the way my boat turns kinda like a step bottom boat with the right props, i can slide it all over, it just feels so nice right on top real flat turn feels like its on rails. Some Konrads i have heard lost a few mph...or maybe they just dont know how to set the boat up with props...i would only try them if i can keep my crash boxes, and i am not chasing my drives to hard...
CDC
Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered

trs drives
Attached Thumbnails Shorter Drive on an Ocean Pacer?-dscn2454.jpg   Shorter Drive on an Ocean Pacer?-sutphen-sea-isle.bmp   Shorter Drive on an Ocean Pacer?-dscn2464.jpg  

Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=TOASTY;2428087 Some Konrads i have heard lost a few mph...or maybe they just dont know how to set the boat up with props...i would only try them if i can keep my crash boxes, and i am not chasing my drives to hard...
CDC[/QUOTE]

Christian, please let me set the record straight while we are talking TRS conversions. I've been heavily involved with Konrad's TRS conversion since day one. I've got the very first TRS boat to be converted to the Konrad 540 system and have logged countless R&D hours dialing in this package.

To date (well over 100 TRS conversions) we have not seen any TRS swaps run slower. Typically, we see a 3-5 mph increase in speed. This increase can be attributed to the higher propshaft height (1.7") over the TRS as most TRS packages were installed rather deep.
Occationally, we encounter an application when the TRS was installed at a higher than normal X-Dimension and might require a spacer to bring the prop shaft down to the existing height. Even with spacers installed these boats have run the same speeds. We've never seen a loss of speed with the TRS conversion. Quite remarkable as the Konrad drive has much larger internal components and holds 6 qts of gear lube. Even with the increased viscous drag and larger gears, bearings and shafts they run the same speeds. This is credited to the much improved hydrodynamics of the Konrad lower gear case. Simply put they are a more efficient design that has proven to be extremely durable in these applications.

And yes, the Konrad unit will work fine behind your crash box.

[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Shorter Drive on an Ocean Pacer?-img_0007_large_.jpg  
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm not sure about the pleasure boats, but the race boats were all set-up different. For instance, the Blue GA had a fairly normal X dimension becuase it was a P Class boat. However, TOASTY/MAGIC J was a S class boat and had a very high X. The white GA Sutphen has a fairly high X too but gets on plane very easily.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Bobby,

When you get a moment, could you measure the X on your 31?

Thanks,

Kurt

Quick Reply: Shorter Drive on an Ocean Pacer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.