Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
why are there not any Sutphens for sale?? >

why are there not any Sutphens for sale??

Notices

why are there not any Sutphens for sale??

Old 10-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Good luck with the sale.
Unfortunately in this market the buyers are few & far between.
I've got my eye on another boat at a dealer here in Florida but they only trades they will take is a Cigarette.
If you can't get 55k for Tsumani I hate to think what my boat is really worth in this day & age.
It seems trying to retail a boat is just about impossible unless you give it away. I sure hope this market gets better soon.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
It seems trying to retail a boat is just about impossible unless you give it away. I sure hope this market gets better soon.
It will be interesting to see exactly how the market recovers. So much gear now goes for so cheap. It all still costs as much or more to put together. The only way to get value for your boat is to trade for someone else's depreciated gear.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered

is there any 26 rum runners for sale with a single bbc out there,or is there not many if any made.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Good luck with the sale.
I've got my eye on another boat at a dealer here in Florida but they only trades they will take is a Cigarette.
If you can't get 55k for Tsumani I hate to think what my boat is really worth in this day & age.
Is that boat you have your eye on at Philly's?
Old 10-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered

Good luck with the sale.
funny I have seen some boats go for really good prices and then I have seen some well for the money they'd have sold for 2 years ago.

seems good marketing and patience are the key.

Sure there are less buyers so demand is low. Supply is high which makes for a bad market.

BUT when the right buyer finds the right boat they are still bringing good money if they are a rare boat because the buyer has very few choices.

As the market cleans up and more people are willing to buy and more people are less willing to sell the economic model will shift and prices will rise just like always.

Nessecities alwayshold the most value in a bad economy and pleasure accesories Hold Little until people get sick of living on the nessecities alone and have the means to change the situation.

Once people are comfortable in what they have for money/debt things will come back around
Old 10-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered

doesnt anyone remember the early 90's
It wasnt the END then and it wont be the END now.
It will take some time and sound financial practices though.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Is that boat you have your eye on at Philly's?
yep
Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We have two Sutphens for sale and to the lucky person who wants a new 277 we'll give them a deal they can't refuse.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails why are there not any Sutphens for sale??-sutphen1.jpg   why are there not any Sutphens for sale??-394987d1251817527-mahopac-marines-sutphen-21-ss-just-arrived-dsc01008-small-.jpg   why are there not any Sutphens for sale??-farrived-dsc01010-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Full Throttle 525; 10-19-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered

yep
Now it wouldnt be the big "style" version of my old boat now would it?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Throttle 525
We have two Sutphens for sale and to the lucky person who wants a new 277 we'll give them a deal they can't refuse.

Ron
Was able to see the new small block boat pictured here at the Hudson run and its awesome! The blue boat ran with and past bigger boats!

Quick Reply: why are there not any Sutphens for sale??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.