"FAST RIDE"  RumRunner >

"FAST RIDE" RumRunner

Notices

"FAST RIDE" RumRunner

Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magna
Ok so I had Coastal marine build the tank then found someone less expensive that does phenominal work but was already commited to Coastal. If you need a tank Adam at aluminum concepts can build it. I still have my old one he can use as a pattern. Mine ran $1100
Ran the boat this weekend, 62-63 gps with four adults, two asleep in the bow. 5000-5100 but engines hit a wall. Here's what I am running. Comp Cams extrme 462/477, Airgap dual plane intakes, Edelbrock 600's, roller top end, thunderbolt ignition, and new wires, plugs etc....pulls hard to 5000. still running factory manifolds and exhaust. I noticed my drives do not appear to be in alignment based on the fact that my prop wash from the engines does not appear to be coming back together, so I have to check that out. I could spin 26 B1's to 4200 and the boat ran 65??? I only have 8 deg initial advance and wonder if I shouldnt bump it up. My thunderbolt's dont have limiters, I can spin 23 Laser II's to 54-5500 just no speed with a big rooster.
Ok so give me some advice what to try and what to look for... thanks guys
get the drives lined up call bret at bblades I think a merc rev 4 23 would work there smaller in dia than a b1 prop and work best with deep drive heights you could do Brets exchange props program try the revs then a mirage plus 23 see which one gets the best all around performance go with it. and then if you have more rpm that you want and are short you have him lab them. good luck
Old 10-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Registered

Default Latest

Well it runs. Still experimenting with props. Bravo 1's seem to work the best. Just chunked my Holley pumps and regulators and put in Walbro's will let yall know how that works out. Just throwing out some of the latest pics. I am almost down to nothing but a paintjob left. May try to pull the engines and re-cam before the Toys for Tots in Palatka in Dec.
Attached Thumbnails "FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-p5290009.jpg   "FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-p6260044.jpg   "FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-p6260045.jpg  

"FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-p6260048.jpg   "FAST RIDE"  RumRunner-p6260050.jpg  
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered

Latest trials.....Revolution 4 PHENOMENAL PROP

Ok 26 B1's ran 65 at 4200 rpms, 23 Laser II's run like crap and could have spun them to outerspace, 23 quicksilvers crap, 22 B1's tweaked to a true 23 by Leading edge could run 64 at the stops but 62ish with 5 people on the boat, and an incredible holeshot. SO I jumped out and bought REV 4's 25p....OOOHH YEAH totally new ballgame!!! first run out 66.8-67....110gal fuel and all the junk in the boat plus two fat guys and glass smooth!!! saw 67.3 at 4500 rpms headed back with a little ripple on the water and aprox 90 gal fuel left. Gonna bump the timing and should tweak out another .2-.3, at least thats what the last 2 deg seemed to give me. The REV 4's def carry the bow better. At 3500 she ran 50+ on the GPS and that is a sweet spot in my current engines. Figured I would go 25p, due to start building two Vortecs prob next week or two, gonna be my winter project for her. Also looking for small block alum exhaust if anyone has anything floating around. Thanks Guys