what makes sutphen so special >

what makes sutphen so special

Notices

what makes sutphen so special

Old 09-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what makes sutphen so special

Guys We all know that the 26 degree dead rise is a huge part of what we like about or boats, but what else do you guys like about yours?

Allot of other brand owners dont KNOW about our hulls.

One of the things I realy like about the sutphen is How wide the protion just in front of the windshield is and up to the bow.

My brother has a 32 fountain fever which is a nice boat. However thers no cabin space in it. It claustrophbic down there. My 31 sutphens ia cavernous underneath, you could spend the weekend down there if you had too. which is unheard of in a flat deck usually.

Lets give the rest of the world a place to read why sutphen is such a great boat!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

i spend 2 or 3 days on my 26 checkmate. you can sleep anyplace. lol

the thing i love about sutphen is the style, i love the hard lines mixed with the soft lines of the top half of the bow. the smooth yet aggressive look. i love the basic strips they use, nothing crazy to make it stand out, just classy lines.
i like that the newer ones hold the lines of the old ones, no crazy change but with the modern gauges etc.

i could go on and on, there is just something about sutphen that makes it my favorite boat, and at some point in my life i will own one.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Registered

Not a splash from another boat like every other brand out there that was stretched, widened, or cut down.
still a small family company with great people. Richie gave me a history lesson the other day on sutphen and offshore boats, how it started and some great stories from the day. I want that damn red 31!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I sleep on my 22' Donzi Classic as long as there are facilities at the marina. Not exactly 5 star accommodations but I do it.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pedigree (race victories/ PT boat lineage), style (simple and aggressive), lack of frills, stout construction, etc, etc.
I personally love the way they look, to me, outstanding proprtions.
Great boats.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bow. Strakes going all the way up to the deck. In my opinion every Sutphen add should just be front angle shots of all of their boats. I also like all the a$$ kicking they do when racing and the history of the hull. Definitely great lines.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The landing!!!!

The beam is carried very far forward making it an extremely "dry" boat...

This is our Sutphen next to our old Gladiator, both 8 ft beam boats..
Attached Thumbnails what makes sutphen so special-p1033422019-3.jpg   what makes sutphen so special-1004081320.jpg  
Old 09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
The landing!!!!

The beam is carried very far forward making it an extremely "dry" boat...

This is our Sutphen next to our old Gladiator, both 8 ft beam boats..
Thats the pic that explains what I was speaking of well.
Both internally and externally that part of its design makes a HUGE difference.

You loo at my boat at rest and it FLOATS more than almost any 30 to 32 I am ever around. You really notice it when swimming around the boat. Its a very dry design.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered

Not a Sutphen owner, but definitely a fan of the design. I'm not much of a "style" guy....form should follow function, and it does with these boats. That may be the thing I like most.

The other thing that impresses me is that it's a variable deadrise, unlike the majority of performance boats which are (more or less) just a copy of the Bertram Moppie with a 24 degree deadrise bow to stern with a bell shaped entry. That design obviously is a good one (Ray Hunt was a freakin genius if you ask me), but what Sutphen did with their hull is arguably an even better design for really big water. I don't expect any of you owners would disagree.

Then there's the connection to ELCO (who was making boats for the Brits even before WWII and the PT boats), the racing lineage and the build quality of the boats themselves. Every one that I've seen up close looked like it was built several times stronger than it would ever need to be.

You guys should be very proud of your boats. They're awesome!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool Sutphen

I like that the same Family is still building the boats!! Also the DRY landing!! The Snotty'r the BETTER!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.