Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
any O/B Rum Runners gonna be at CT river sunday?? >

any O/B Rum Runners gonna be at CT river sunday??

Notices

any O/B Rum Runners gonna be at CT river sunday??

Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy owns the red 20 and the 26 with twin outboards. The motors were 225 evinrudes I think. The blown up one is all apart in his basement. They came on the boat originally. I believe it as 87 that was bought brand new from Goodrich. My buddy is the 2nd owner. The boat is currently in Montville and I don't think he wants to sell it, although the 20 is still for sale. The 20 used to be my fathers old boat, then went to one other guy who I know and then to my buddy who has owned it for the last 18 yrs or so. I believe the hull is the same year as mine, 1981. He is pretty motivated to sell the 20... I will work on getting some pics of the 26 it is white w/ a red outlined dk. blue stripe
Old 10-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_99_21
My buddy owns the red 20 and the 26 with twin outboards. The motors were 225 evinrudes I think. The blown up one is all apart in his basement. They came on the boat originally. I believe it as 87 that was bought brand new from Goodrich. My buddy is the 2nd owner. The boat is currently in Montville and I don't think he wants to sell it, although the 20 is still for sale. The 20 used to be my fathers old boat, then went to one other guy who I know and then to my buddy who has owned it for the last 18 yrs or so. I believe the hull is the same year as mine, 1981. He is pretty motivated to sell the 20... I will work on getting some pics of the 26 it is white w/ a red outlined dk. blue stripe
Get some pics up here!!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Registered

C your so, militant lesbian!LOL

I think he could feel the balance of a OB boat in my boat better than in Any I/O boat. but yes the SIZE would be felt better in yours
Old 10-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike_99_21
Do I know my sutphens or what?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Maybe........needs some work.
what kind of work???whats it look like??? i kinda want a project.....Pics Pics Pics.......Price....
Old 10-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK
what kind of work???whats it look like??? i kinda want a project.....Pics Pics Pics.......Price....
Its been sitting for over 10 years.....but not nice like mine was. I'll see if its for sale this weekend.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Its been sitting for over 10 years.....but not nice like mine was. I'll see if its for sale this weekend.
well the two i know of that are local are ratty too....one is a well used, ridden hard, put away wet and left uncovered type that in my opinion needs to be gutted and the other has been sitting for 10 years and needs everything too.....

i have power and since i am a rigger by trade i will most likely re-rig anything i get so i dont care about that stuff....just want one thats solid and hasnt been painted unless the paint is mint....

i should have bought yours but the timing just wasnt right...
Old 10-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered

Its tough to find CLEAN older hulls thats for sure.

allot can happen to a boat thats why I JUMPED on mine.

My old 26 RR was a VERY Clean boat.its in the tampa area right now but havent heard anything from the new owner.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Yeah except we already posted in other threads that we were meeting at OS at 10 running to the island for a meet and greet at 12 hanging out for a while then moving to HP

Not sure we can change that now without F ing people up?

How about we get together at the back of the Islamd at 12 then decide what to do from there. that way we dont have to go back to all these threads all over the place and re state what were doing.

Just my .02 other wise its up to you guys this is a democracy in this club.

no.

we've got plenty of time to commit. 10:00 at Old Saybrook, noon at Harbor Park for lunch and after at Haddam Island to chill...
no F-ups....i just think the temps will be better for a later Haddam rondezvous...

besides, i saw 3 AYE's in a row and no nays....

the ayes have it..

c
Old 10-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Registered

Thats true C but someone has to notify the S&F set. They were already in on eth 10 and 12 set up earlier.

If they dont check back in on the threads they will not know we have moved things.

You have to realize this was changed on Scream and fly first. Its not fair to those guys to be sitting there now at the back of haddam island (alone) because 3 yays said to change it.

I dont really care where we meet persoanlly either one works for me I just dont think it is fair to people to change midstream and not update people. Not everyone checks back over and over for updates.

Well just have to have one boat run over to the island to let people know whats up.

I am sure one of those who voted aye will be more than happy to make that run!!LOL

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 10-16-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.