31' Sutphen Spirit rebuild >

31' Sutphen Spirit rebuild

Notices

31' Sutphen Spirit rebuild

Old 07-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 31' Sutphen Spirit rebuild

Last year I bought 1988 31' Spirit from guy in CT, boat looked and sounded good, it had twin 300X on it and relatively small amount of hours on the hull, pretty much hull looked almost brand new.
Since boat will be located in Caribbean where there's no premium fuel we decided to take those 300x off and install twin 300 Verados so we can run them on 87 oct.
When I started to de-rigg boat I found out that boat stringers are total rott, floor soaked and transom half way rot as well, previous moron owner Jerome apparently kept boat outside with ****ty cover and boat was getting soaked thru the floor season after season...(just another lesson learned).
For stringers, transom and floor repair I took boat to a Dan at Dan's Marine fiberglass, when we gutted everything we found that gas tank is pitted and that will need to be replaced, I made larger 160 gallons gas tank and got it installed.
I left for couple weeks vacation leaving deposit and instructions for Dan to do structural work on the boat following with a paint job.
Couple days into my vacation Dan started complaining with txt messaging how this is too much work for him and that he's overwhelmed and that he will do only part of the job agreed, this guy Dan turned to be nothing but a headache.
Upon my arrival I pulled boat from Dan and took it to Mark at Rage powerboats, Mark is doing exceptional work and paying attention to every detail, hopefully we will have boat ready for testing within a week or so.
As well I want to mention two other guys, Darryl from Long Island did excellent interior work while Phil at P&G Canvas just finished one of the best covers I ever seen.
I'll try to post some photos here.

I cant figure it out how to post photos from iPad...

Last edited by steelborn; 07-08-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

this one?
Old 07-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Registered

No, not a compromize, that's a good boat, mine was all white with small sutphen logo on the sides and 2 big antennas
Old 07-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Registered

[img]webkit-fake-url://7acbcb7b-b271-441e-904d-75299b661439/imagejpeg[/img]
Old 01-12-2020, 05:55 PM
Registered

Default 31 with twin verados made it to the St. Maarten

So I got my 31’ with twin verados transported to the St. Maarten Dutch West Indies in Caribbean where I do reside lately.
she made it with no damages and she’s real champ here in the big and rough waters.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice...enjoy it