Notices

Sutphen

Old 05-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Darkhorse468

Hey fobes
Congrats on the little one man...kids rock. My 30' is coming along, I just keep getting wrapped up in the small details that turn into big projects...but it will be worth the piece of mind. I posted a thread looking for parts and to say hey to you guys. The motors came out REALLY good. Spun one on a dyno a week ago-525hp at 5250rpm...spun it up to 6500 and it made 583hp before dropping off(not to mention my pucker factor at that rpm)
Now its just doing the trans. and have the outdrives refinished and skegs put on. I bought a set of Gill offshore set-ups and the motor sounded HAIRY...did my heart good. I should be mechanically DONE by late June, and cosmetically as the summer goes on. I still am looking for an engine hatch with a raised deck or scoops to fit these motors, as well as other stuff. I will call Bill he seems to have parts. As soon as I can figure out how to post a few pix with a thread, I'll do it. Just for giggles, I know of an 88 38' with triple 502s for around 45,000. It looks to be in good shape and is located in MA.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Darkhorse468, kids do rock, sounds like the boat is coming along nicely, would like to check it out in person one day, please post some pics when you can and if I hear of any hatches I will let you know, stay in touch...Matt
Old 05-09-2003, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hey darkhorse

is that 88 you know of, black with white orange and yellow stripes????used to belong to bill over at marina bay in quincy???
Old 05-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Darkhorse468

Spitfire

The very same one. Billy O'Connol who owns Marina bay used to own that one before he sold it and bought a 47' Lightening called Thunder enlightning. Yes, the one in the papers last summer. The funny part of all this is my boat is a 30' 1983 Oceanpacer that was custom built for the very same guy. I saw it when I was 14 and bought it, painted black and named IMPULSE, 18 years later.
That 38' sank a few times and eventually got totally redone with 502 500's(3), etc. The Fountain is nice, but the 88 was nicer and just as fast. It has tripps too.

Old 05-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Registered

darkhorse
i had met bill a couple of times with fobes. he always seemed like a nice guy. he used to come over to our yacht club a couple times a summer for cocktails. did everything work out with the "incident" last summer???
Old 05-15-2003, 07:15 PM
Darkhorse468

Spitfire

As far as I know, the legal end of it is over...just a really ****ty accident. I do know that Billy just isn't the same(cant blame him one bit). The last I knew, the Fountain was for sale.

Old 05-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Registered

too bad---life tends to suck when stuff like that happens
I wish everyone involved the best
Old 12-19-2003, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd love a 26 footer with twin OB's...ANyone....Buehler, Ferris Buehler?
Old 01-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Darkhorse468

Well now, been quite a while since I was on this thread...since my last reply, this is how things totaled up; the intakes and ignitions are now Merlin racing4500s and MSD 6-m2s with billet dist,. the GIL offshores fell through, but in their place are CMI sport tube headers with full lenght racing collectors. Barry Grant stage three 4150s at 1030cfm replaced the 750s I tested with...the port motor was last to go in in late Sept.(so much for the season...) Obviously things turned out much better than they started and 600+hp is a fair estimate so hooray for me!!! Now I just have to finish up a tiny bit of the rigging under my custom made engine hatch, then its all new gauges, fix the cosmetics on the hull and deck, pick up my bolsters and bench being done as we speak, paint the boat and drives....DONE!!! May sound like alot, but last spring(03) I started this project; COMPLETELY redoing the boat...I mean EVERY INCH. All custom rigged to update it and make it clean and friendly to maintenance...completely redone cockpit, custom bolster brackets, the drives were stripped, blasted skegged, filled and faired, all pumps and hosing new, everything soup to nuts has been rebuilt high perf. or replaced as new...even down to fasteners and hardware all replaced to stainless. ETc., Etc....so that little bit of work isn't bad at all. (course the money end of it was a constant hold-up.) So in a nut shell, the whole project, including the purchase price, painted and finished on a new $3,000 trailer will have run me between 25,000 and 28,000. The same boat 0hours fresh all done like this is worth..??? Priceless to me. See you all soon.

Old 01-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Stillcrazy

Buster,
I have a few pics of the '26 Rasberry and Teal (?) in the factory.We did two, one with twin 300 I/O and another with a bracket for O/B(more blue and off red) Original owner wanted Seafoam shag carpet. I think we talked them out of it.I'll E-Mail them to you if you want. I don't post,my personal thing.

Quick Reply: Sutphen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.