Mercury Labbed 30P Maximus >

Mercury Labbed 30P Maximus

Notices

Mercury Labbed 30P Maximus

Old 10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
Are your 28's still 15 5/8 or were they cut smaller????

My stock 28P Maximus did not have the diffuser removed and were not cut down. They worked great, unfortunetely I traded them for the labbed 30's. I lost 300 rpm with them and have poorer hole shots, and acceleration.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

if your interested I have a set of 30p Barvo props.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gerritm
Paradox, love your boat, saw it in Destin this year. I have access to a set of labbed Bravo 30's already. Thanks for the offer. The boat came with stock Bravo 32 and again I have access to a set of labbed 32's.
The Mercury Racing website says to go down 2 sizes from stock 4 blade Bravos to stock 5 blade Maximus. Going down 2 sizes from stock 32 bravos to stock 28P Maximus worked really well. They were perfect, I should have left well enough alone, but you know the need for mph and I traded the stock 28's for labbed 30's and they don't perform as well. I really want to go back to the 28's or have Brett re-work the labbed 30's. Just trying to give someone a deal on the trade labbed for unlabbed.

Thanks..
I know what you mean.. I spend hours looking at my ceiling fan at night try to figure out how can I get one MPH more for the smallest amount of dow.
I need to borrow and try a set of 32's or a set of 28 / 30 max's before I invest any more in props. (running out of room in the garage and keep tripping over props.)
Old 10-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Thanks..
I know what you mean.. I spend hours looking at my ceiling fan at night try to figure out how can I get one MPH more for the smallest amount of dow.
I need to borrow and try a set of 32's or a set of 28 / 30 max's before I invest any more in props. (running out of room in the garage and keep tripping over props.)

What are you running now? If they work on your boat, you will love the Maximus props. They change the way the boat feels and accelerates. Just take it easy when launching the boat and getting air, they can be hard on drives. I need to learn to quit when I am ahead. Labbed is not always better.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gerritm
What are you running now? If they work on your boat, you will love the Maximus props. They change the way the boat feels and accelerates. Just take it easy when launching the boat and getting air, they can be hard on drives. I need to learn to quit when I am ahead. Labbed is not always better.
So far the best props are the labbed 28's bravos with additinal cupping at the tip for bow lift.
I got the XR's and SM shorties, and don't fly often. The boat is under 8000 lbs, so when it does get airborn, it's not a hard "landing" that's one of the reason I got it. It did great in 5-6 and even some 7's in Tampa bay a month or so ago. Rough seas but she handeld awsome and landed flat. (waiting for the vids. )