Trade or sell SSM IIs for TRS drives >

Trade or sell SSM IIs for TRS drives

Notices

Trade or sell SSM IIs for TRS drives

Old 09-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ridefast77
??? (Also switching to TRS vs SSM II will raise my X dim 2 inches) ??what are you talking about trs drive is longer then a #2, switching to TRS vs SSM II makes no sence to me at all.
I can see why it wouldnt make any sense to you, considering your information is incorrect.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
have you tried swapping the drives and spinning the props inwards?
Well I tried swapping the drives to see how it worked and I think it is better. I can tell that the back of the boat does not sink as far and the bow does not raise as far when I give the boat throttle from an idle. I put the drives at neutral and the tabs all the way up and it seemed easier to get on plane. I could also stay on plane down to about 23 mph. The bow of the boat does seem to wander more at speed even though I have the drives trimmed up. I can see a definite difference too when at speed, that the bow sits lower.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I can see why it wouldnt make any sense to you, considering your information is incorrect.
My bad i was miss informed my buddy had TR drives not trs and they were longer the a #2...
Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

switching to TRS vs SSM II makes no sence to me at all

Last edited by Gibbs93; 09-20-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by phughes69
Well I tried swapping the drives to see how it worked and I think it is better. I can tell that the back of the boat does not sink as far and the bow does not raise as far when I give the boat throttle from an idle. I put the drives at neutral and the tabs all the way up and it seemed easier to get on plane. I could also stay on plane down to about 23 mph. The bow of the boat does seem to wander more at speed even though I have the drives trimmed up. I can see a definite difference too when at speed, that the bow sits lower.
i knew it would help..now you can mess with the toe a little bit to try and fix the wandering..4 blades will make it even better..also try to keep the engines out of boost or to a minimum,all that will do is blow the props out...pick a rpm and stick with it,,try to get the boat on plane and off plane a few times and see what the boat likes..example i will ease mine to 3000 rpms and once i start to feel the bow starting to drop i will bump it to 3400 and leave it their then trim up then back dowm on the throttles..i rarely use the taps..i set them once to the conditions and leave them alone..

if you need your peop fixed you can call dahpropeller.com ask for john,,he does all of my work and is really really really good..he can most likely make your props bite the water beter..

http://dahpropellers.com/

Last edited by FIXX; 09-21-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trs - tr -

What is the difference ion the two aside from the age? Is the cast the same. Thanks - PS - I have a set of TRS drives and they feel like silk when I spin them by hand - make an offer please if anyone is looking for a set - Not sure if I have the balls to trade for SSM

Capt Greg
Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oreo11zeus
What is the difference ion the two aside from the age? Is the cast the same. Thanks - PS - I have a set of TRS drives and they feel like silk when I spin them by hand - make an offer please if anyone is looking for a set - Not sure if I have the balls to trade for SSM

Capt Greg
The TR lower is longer then the TRS, not meet for performance made for cruiser style boats