Notices

anodized paint

Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I can not believe that I started this with several cases of each color and I'm down to just a few cans .
I have 7 blue left , 1 red , 8 green , 10 gold and somebody needs the pink 11 cans
I also have 3 cans of the clear left clear $7 each
YOU MUST clear over this for the color to pop . The gold looks like milk chocolate till you add the clear
As far as heat it holds nicely on wheels and brake calipers but I would use a high temp clear if used on engine
Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
I can not believe that I started this with several cases of each color and I'm down to just a few cans .
I have 7 blue left , 1 red , 8 green , 10 gold and somebody needs the pink 11 cans
I also have 3 cans of the clear left clear $7 each
YOU MUST clear over this for the color to pop . The gold looks like milk chocolate till you add the clear
As far as heat it holds nicely on wheels and brake calipers but I would use a high temp clear if used on engine
If you havent shipped mine I would like to get 2 cans of the clear also. Let me know and I can send you another 14 bucks.
email I sent you payment from was [email protected]
2 cans of blue and 2 cans of red
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bowsman
If you havent shipped mine I would like to get 2 cans of the clear also. Let me know and I can send you another 14 bucks.
email I sent you payment from was [email protected]
2 cans of blue and 2 cans of red
I was gonna send you an apology for not shipping today but I guess it worked out . Make payment . I'll dump some of the popcorn out of the box and squeeze two more cans in .
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do they make it in chrome? I have some small interior parts on my Camaro that have had the chrome rubbed off. I was at a car show a few years ago and a guy had a race car with a fiberglass rear bumper that had been sprayed with some kind of chrome paint that looked like the real thing. Never did find out what it was, been looking ever since.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Budman II
Do they make it in chrome? I have some small interior parts on my Camaro that have had the chrome rubbed off. I was at a car show a few years ago and a guy had a race car with a fiberglass rear bumper that had been sprayed with some kind of chrome paint that looked like the real thing. Never did find out what it was, been looking ever since.
I haven't seen it in chrome . That Camaro bumper was probably done in Spectra Chrome . Google search spray chrome in your area and see if you can find someone near you . Looks great but very tricky to do .
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
It was more thin likely chromeFX waterborne chrome systems, its a company that has a water born chrome spray system.Really cool stuff, its the same stuff auto manufactures use on parts like plastic chrome grills and door handles. You might be able to find them on the web or youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBlZL33K-U its really cool anyone can do it, but you have to but the equipment and that starts at about 8k for the spray setup.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered

or the spectra chrome lol looks like the same stuff.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ridefast77
It was more thin likely chromeFX waterborne chrome systems, its a company that has a water born chrome spray system.Really cool stuff, its the same stuff auto manufactures use on parts like plastic chrome grills and door handles. You might be able to find them on the web or youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBlZL33K-U its really cool anyone can do it, but you have to but the equipment and that starts at about 8k for the spray setup.
He said it was a few years ago .. Chrome FX was introduced at SEMA in 2009 . Spectra chrome has been on the market for over 10 years
Old 01-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
He said it was a few years ago .. Chrome FX was introduced at SEMA in 2009 . Spectra chrome has been on the market for over 10 years
i was trying to buy the chrome FX setup in 2001-2002 when i got out of tech school and wanted to start my own thing... lol didn't work out but i got some cool videos from the rep. lol. There owed by the Alsa corporation been around for over 20 years.

Last edited by ridefast77; 01-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ridefast77
i was trying to buy the chrome FX setup in 2001-2002 when i got out of tech school and wanted to start my own thing... lol didn't work out but i got some cool videos from the rep. lol
You got your dates wrong . It was first used in europe 2004 , cleared in the US and introduced at the after hours party Sema 09 because Alsa didn't rent a booth that year .. This is stuff we could text or you could come by the shop and read through all my SEMA directories

Never the less there are several companies that make spray chromes . You should be able to find a local shop and get it done .. Or I know where you can get a complete Spectra chrome set up for penes on the dollar but it has not produced two even parts out of it since the day it was installed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.