Notices

Twin turbo 520 bbc

Old 10-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin turbo 520 bbc

This turbo kit was installed in my superboat y2k in 2013, it pushed that boat 115 with a little left in it at 6500 rpm didn't;t want to spin any higher. In 2018 I pulled the motor and installed a na 502 and sold the boat, shortly after that new owner approached me to buy the turbo kit which he installed on a 468 and ran for a while. this year he built this new 520 and began to tune the boat, he had some bad luck transmission problems then blew a drive and threw in the towel. I boat the boat back and was going to repair it but had a opportunity to sell the hull and went that route. I have no use for the motor so here it is 520 tall deck list of components is eagle 4.5 crank new, eagle rods wither 2000 bolts new, diamond blower pistons new, comp cams turbo grind solid roller cam ,comp cams roller lifters new, comp cams roller rockers new, aluminum heads he didn't,t remember brand but they are off brand 360cc with Manley pro flow stainless valves Brian tooled springs and ti retainers new, externally he put 2 new bw turbos, it has a css Dom blow thru carb, twin water to air intercoolers, ke dual cool bell housing with coolers, Hardin reduction starter, 3 stage water pump and all you see in the pictures. I'm asking 14k have it on a stand so you can here it run thanks Bob

Old 10-08-2020, 06:32 PM
Registered

I also have a short video of it running I can send you that I couldn't post
video in boat
Old 10-09-2020, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

The great thing about this is that you can make 750-1500 HP depending on boost and fueling. I know on my turbo boat when I would go full throttle, you would defiantly feel it kick you and this was just a pair of small 454s making 12 psi of boost in a 377 Scarab that weighs 120000 lbs.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Registered

My 565 motor made 1250 hp on 93 pump gas a little over 14 psi of boost with that turbo kit on it and ran for 5 years not sure about the hours