Battery Terminal Covers

Notices

Battery Terminal Covers

Old 08-17-2023, 06:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 840 Likes on 477 Posts

Guys,

We finally have our 3D printer up and running, and these terminal covers are coming out really nice in PETG. I can print one per day, two if I come back to the shop and start another print and have access to seemingly endless colors. Let me know which configuration you need and what color you want them in, and I can get them printed.

I will also be working on configurations that will accommodate those that use the lead post, that will attach to the threaded post with a nylon acorn nut.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 08-17-2023, 09:50 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 965 Likes on 488 Posts

Thats a cool idea Brad....
3D printers are fun toys for sure...we just got a bigger printer that can now make parts up to about 20" tall and about 16" in dia...we printed this 42" boat in 4 prints over 4 days out of a PETG/ABS mixture that the guy makes himself here at work...he made his own extruder and we just get the raw plastic and make our own filament...its glued together with superglue, that's why the white line across the bow

42" .

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following 2 users liked this post by Wally:
1983ScarabIII (08-19-2023), dykstra (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 06:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 254 Likes on 140 Posts

Very cool!!!
Old 08-18-2023, 07:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wally
Thats a cool idea Brad....
3D printers are fun toys for sure...we just got a bigger printer that can now make parts up to about 20" tall and about 16" in dia...we printed this 42" boat in 4 prints over 4 days out of a PETG/ABS mixture that the guy makes himself here at work...he made his own extruder and we just get the raw plastic and make our own filament...its glued together with superglue, that's why the white line across the bow

42" .
Wally,

There are several guys in the model boating world who have been printing various parts for model boats for a while now, and a few of them have printed sponsons (at least) for outrigger hydroplanes. Lots of possibilities.

Something else I developed....

I just ordered the MMU3 for my Prusa. This will allow for automated multi-color/material prints like this one. Might even work on adding graphics to the battery terminal covers. Who knows....

Thanks. Brad.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:38 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

yeah dual filaments are cool.....our new machine has that. the coolest stuff is the dissolvable filaments where you can print, for example, an entire working crescent wrench in one shot...then dip it into a solution to release the support structure and have a fully working movable model to play with......we haven't had a need to try that yet but we are looking for excuses! LOL
here's a pic of our new toy:

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-18-2023, 07:39 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

we are having a guy build us a cabinet to house it in and try to keep the temps more consistent when printing....we have found we get some warpage when temps fluctuate during prints...on thin walls anyway

Old 08-18-2023, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wally
yeah dual filaments are cool.....our new machine has that. the coolest stuff is the dissolvable filaments where you can print, for example, an entire working crescent wrench in one shot...then dip it into a solution to release the support structure and have a fully working movable model to play with......we haven't had a need to try that yet but we are looking for excuses! LOL
here's a pic of our new toy:
Wally,

I have a Prusa MK3s+. I would have sprung for the MK4, but the interwebs says it's not really worth the extra cost for what you get over the MK3.

The MMU3 supports FIVE filaments. God only knows what I'll do with that, but I'll have it all the same. I have need for three in the immediate, though.

I'm gonna get myself into trouble with this thing, I can tell already......

Thanks. Brad.
Old 08-18-2023, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1,243 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
I'm gonna get myself into trouble with this thing, I can tell already......

Thanks. Brad.
I've had my Lulzbot Taz 5 for 8 years. I use to do a lot of prototype printing for companies just from a Craigslist add. I might print something every other week for myself currently. But I use to run it 16hrs/day maybe 6 days a week as a side gig. They're real handy. I don't buy commodity items anymore I just draw them up in Tinkercad and print them. Last I looked I have over 600 files of widgets that apparently I needed at one time. lol
The following users liked this post:
SB (08-19-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1,385 Likes on 772 Posts

You guys playing with your 3 D printers making widgets,,,,,, Childs play.

This is the way they do it down here

https://www.relativityspace.com
The following users liked this post:
Wally (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 01:12 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
You guys playing with your 3 D printers making widgets,,,,,, Childs play.

This is the way they do it down here

https://www.relativityspace.com
Thats some cool stuff for sure! Ive seen the 3D printing welders with built in cnc's to clean up the welds at the IMTS show when it was last here in Chicago a few years back before Covid....very cool stuff
Its coming back Sept 9-14 but i'll be down in Fl at that time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.