Tech reporting 6/19 >

Tech reporting 6/19

Notices

Tech reporting 6/19

Old 06-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech reporting 6/19

As we mentioned in the general announcement, the tech team has made progress on the performance issues you've been experiencing. Please use this thread to report lingering problems. Thank you again for your patience and your help in tracking tech issues.

Internet Brands
Old 06-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered

I still get the error message across the top of the page.

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of convert_bits_to_array(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /var/www/www.offshoreonly.com/forums/forumdisplay.php(106) : eval()'d code on line 62
Old 06-19-2008, 06:32 PM
OffShoreOnly Tech Crew

Originally Posted by MacGyver

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of convert_bits_to_array(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /var/www/www.offshoreonly.com/forums/forumdisplay.php(106) : eval()'d code on line 62
Thanks for the note. We've jumped back on this monkey.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Yet Another OffShoreOnly Tech Crew Member

Originally Posted by MacGyver

This should be fixed. Please let us know if you encounter the issue again.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Registered

Yup, The error message has disappeared. Thanks guys. I'll keep you informed of any more issues.

Last edited by MacGyver; 06-30-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

When I try to do a search of the forum I get this reply with an all white screen - Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /var/www/www.offshoreonly.com/forums/search.php on line 1033

If I do a search of a specific group within the forum I just get a blank page.

This started a week or two ago and I thought it would clear up but still has the issue. Any help?
Old 06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
OffShoreOnly Tech Crew

Originally Posted by mikeb4
When I try to do a search of the forum I get this reply with an all white screen - Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /var/www/www.offshoreonly.com/forums/search.php on line 1033

If I do a search of a specific group within the forum I just get a blank page.

This started a week or two ago and I thought it would clear up but still has the issue. Any help?
Mike, thanks for the post. The blank page means that the search you ran probably returned too many results. One thing you can do to limit the number of posts returned for your search is to search for only the least-common word in your query. vBulletin's search inserts an "or" in between all the words that you search for, so if even one of them appears in a post, that post will be included in the results set. Consequently, if your query has words in it that aren't that important (but that might be used commonly, like "boat" or "poker"), you'll end up with unwanted posts bloating the result set size and overrunning the limits of what the search can handle.

If you absolutely need to search for terms that are used pretty often in the boards, you'll want to used the advanced search and limit your results by, say, choosing a more restrictive time frame or searching only in particular forums. In your case it sounds like you're already restricting yourself to a single forum, so you might want to try restricting the timeframe as well.

The only realistic course of action that we can take is to start adding words to the "unsearchable" filter list, but that's still just going to give you an error message when you try to search for them. It'll just be a prettier one. Hope this helps a little bit -- sorry I can't just fix it for you.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts
Default pic posting error

trying to post pics and get a error message. not a valid image file????
it's sized ok and I tried to post some pics that were used once before and still the error. played with the size and still no luck.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:45 PM
OffShoreOnly Tech Crew

Originally Posted by tomcei
trying to post pics and get a error message. not a valid image file????
it's sized ok and I tried to post some pics that were used once before and still the error. played with the size and still no luck.
What was the file extension?
Old 06-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

jpeg. just like all the others I've posted

Quick Reply: Tech reporting 6/19

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.