Notices

Mixed users

Old 06-11-2023, 11:16 AM
DRP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixed users

I'm "Bad-Influence" from US but when I log in, I get everything/history from "Bad Influence" from Germany.

Can this be fixed?
Old 06-11-2023, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts

Ohh wow, if that's accurate, it means the site is possibly replacing " " with "-" on the back end somewhere, since you can't have a space in a lot of systems. I have an email address with an underscore, and it used to cause issues a decade ago.
Old 06-12-2023, 12:11 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 950 Posts

What do you mean by "everything/history" ?????
Post a screen shot please
Old 06-12-2023, 06:33 AM
DRP
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
What do you mean by "everything/history" ?????
Post a screen shot please

Hi Griff! If i did it correctly, I attached what I'm trying to describe. The boat and location is wrong as well as the post's. I doubt you would remember me but I was all over the AT forum as well as contacted you before about your 32. I bring this up because the history/post's/threads are nothing from the AT forum to prove I'm being mixed with someone else. Can you help with this? I am happy to have my name changed if it helps...i just want to be credible.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:36 AM
DRP
Registered

It looks like the screenshot worked. You can see the boat is activator and location is Germany. One of the posts also shows a reply about Miami boat show saying "6 from overseas".
Old 06-12-2023, 11:43 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 950 Posts

I see what you are posting about now.
If I click on your public profile, it shows the Bad Influence without the hyphen's info.

In our Mod area, it shows 2 totally separate screen names and member id numbers.

IBJoel will most likely need to send something to the tech guys to resolve it.
Old 06-12-2023, 12:59 PM
DRP
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
I see what you are posting about now.
If I click on your public profile, it shows the Bad Influence without the hyphen's info.

In our Mod area, it shows 2 totally separate screen names and member id numbers.

IBJoel will most likely need to send something to the tech guys to resolve it.
Thanks
Old 06-12-2023, 01:13 PM
Administrators

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad-Influence
I'm "Bad-Influence" from US but when I log in, I get everything/history from "Bad Influence" from Germany.

Can this be fixed?
Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Ohh wow, if that's accurate, it means the site is possibly replacing " " with "-" on the back end somewhere, since you can't have a space in a lot of systems. I have an email address with an underscore, and it used to cause issues a decade ago.
Sabrtoothsqrl is correct. When you navigate to your public profile, the URL uses "-" for spaces, hyphens, and underscores (but your private messages and account settings will be your own). We can't fix THAT part.

Given that "Bad Influence" (DE) has been registered since 2005 and active in the last year, I am hesitant to change their username. I can change your username however, and this will resolve the issue. Even just adding a number or something will do the trick.