The B.S. Thread >

The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parts for the new project started arriving.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
I'm just glad we are not reading about 2 kids and their mother being run over by an oncoming barge.
What happened with that ?? Did it bring back flashbacks ??
Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trojan-man
What happened with that ?? Did it bring back flashbacks ??
Yes i had a flash back

A boat with 2 kids and their mother(no life jackets on the kids)flags us down in galveston. One kid is all in a panic because of the barge that was coming but they were fine. As james pulls in so i can get them a line the kid pulls up the anchorSo now with the wind blowing like it was we have no chance of getting to them. The barge is closing in on us quick. James realizes that we can't help them with out putting our lives in risk so he backs out of the way of 60k tons just in time for us to yell for the kids to put on some life jackest and sit on the floor.If this would have happened 30second sooner the would have been run over instead of bouncing off the side of the barges. The barge was able to come to a stop after creating a 20' wide whirlpool from the full throttle reverse we pulled them to safety and were on our way back home.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I guess going back home was a good call. Great looking boat in the rough stuff. Hope it goes back together easy.
I am taking it in to CLPBS next week to see exactly what is going on. Very strange. The oil was splashed up around the top of the dipstick tube. About a quart in the bilge. Everything else looked dry. I don't know how it could have gotten there. The knock sounds like valve train, but not sure.

I have the 2 header bolts, where can I send them or drop them off.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Yes i had a flash back

A boat with 2 kids and their mother(no life jackets on the kids)flags us down in galveston. One kid is all in a panic because of the barge that was coming but they were fine. As james pulls in so i can get them a line the kid pulls up the anchorSo now with the wind blowing like it was we have no chance of getting to them. The barge is closing in on us quick. James realizes that we can't help them with out putting our lives in risk so he backs out of the way of 60k tons just in time for us to yell for the kids to put on some life jackest and sit on the floor.If this would have happened 30second sooner the would have been run over instead of bouncing off the side of the barges. The barge was able to come to a stop after creating a 20' wide whirlpool from the full throttle reverse we pulled them to safety and were on our way back home.
Where did this happen?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's it!!!!! I officially hate my job. If any one knows of a good job with decent pay let me know......

Oh, and you all take it in the can.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gerritm
I am taking it in to CLPBS next week to see exactly what is going on. Very strange. The oil was splashed up around the top of the dipstick tube. About a quart in the bilge. Everything else looked dry. I don't know how it could have gotten there. The knock sounds like valve train, but not sure.

I have the 2 header bolts, where can I send them or drop them off.

Thanks again for the help.
Top of the dipstick tube where the handle is, or the top of the tube where it goes into the oil pan? Any oil on the breather's?

Interesting, let us know. We always like to know.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered

That has to be one of the best (most expensive) weekends I've ever had ! Thanks Louie and everyone else for a great time !!!! And who said it would be cheaper to boat to L'auberge than to fly to Vegas????

I'd do it again in a heart beat!

P.S. Gerritm, don't sweat the header bolts, we have tons of them. Throw them in your tool bag, you'll need again! them somebiatches always come loose!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wstultz
That's it!!!!! I officially hate my job. If any one knows of a good job with decent pay let me know......

Oh, and you all take it in the can.
I start my new one today........
Old 10-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by txlefty
That has to be one of the best (most expensive) weekends I've ever had ! Thanks Louie and everyone else for a great time !!!! And who said it would be cheaper to boat to L'auberge than to fly to Vegas????

I'd do it again in a heart beat!

P.S. Gerritm, don't sweat the header bolts, we have tons of them. Throw them in your tool bag, you'll need again! them somebiatches always come loose!
I left my shirt and tool bag in your boat. Did you see them when you cleaned it out,

Wait, did you clean the boat? I'll just go see if they are still in there.

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.