The B.S. Thread >

The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
you can have my old one. Just needs to repainted.
I need it for a small block. Will it work on a small block ?? I have some phantom black

I know a guy in conroe that rebuilds starters like new for pretty cheap money. If you want to give me the starter, I can drop it off for you.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you missed a good day. The water in the bay was perfect.

Boat ran like a top after we found out that my timing was off. Distributor was loose.

Came home to flush it and my starter took a chit on me other than that it was a great day of boating
It is OK. I wish I could have gone, but I had a guy come by and buy that blue motor that has been in my garage forever, so the day is not a total loss.

Cash from that should pay for the whole build for the motor for the magnum for the shootout.

Glad to hear it was an easy problem to fix.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Trojan-man
Yes it certainly would. Where is the cheapest place to buy a circulating pump? I know gregory performance would know. I checked with the locals and they were anywhere from $127 to $174 which I thought was highway robbery. Is there a good place online to go ?
I have to order 1 for a big block this week. I will check on small block, but I think they can be had for a lot less.

I'll let you know tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

If Bigandy put these on the houthboat, he could be in stealth mode.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...S%252BI%252BSS
Old 03-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
If Bigandy put these on the houthboat, he could be in stealth mode.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...S%252BI%252BSS
UHMMMMM? i am pretty sure it would still be purple and neon and glow in the dark so stealth is something it will probably never be... but thanks for thinking of me.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trojan-man
I need it for a small block. Will it work on a small block ?? I have some phantom black

I know a guy in conroe that rebuilds starters like new for pretty cheap money. If you want to give me the starter, I can drop it off for you.
Don't think it will work on a sbc.

Im going to pull the starter tomorrow,I'll call you to meet up. I was thinking that i may need a high torque starter with the compression I'm running.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

Don't think it will work on a sbc.

Im going to pull the starter tomorrow,I'll call you to meet up. I was thinking that i may need a high torque starter with the compression I'm running.
Possibly. The guy rebuilt my starter for $70 or $80 bucks and when i took it to him it looked like it came out of the titanic, when he gave it back, it looked brand new
Old 03-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered

Well its time to put the gregory performance package on the pontoon,, if anybody knows of a newer model (oil injected) efi, 115-150hp outboard for a good price, let me know.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

Is this really what boating is like,, turn the key and go? I ran all weekend and spent $30 in fuel??!!!!! DOnt get me wrong, Im still buying a real boat,, But everybody should get a pontoon as a back up,, In fact I have every intention of doing a laberge trip in it when I get the bigger outboard. 15 people can come with me, lol
Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spk1
Is this really what boating is like,, turn the key and go? I ran all weekend and spent $30 in fuel??!!!!! DOnt get me wrong, Im still buying a real boat,, But everybody should get a pontoon as a back up,, In fact I have every intention of doing a laberge trip in it when I get the bigger outboard. 15 people can come with me, lol
yes it is always nice to have a pontoon at your disposal for kegs, horse like dogs, etc.

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.