The B.S. Thread >

The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wstultz
I was eating lunch down the cove from Spk1's Hatt one day and a guy who had just bought a 70 something Pershing that was docked at the hotel told me the Leopards were horrible in rough water. He was telling me this as a 72 drove by with five ladies on the bow.
I cant see how a 72 anything would be horrible in rough water....
Old 05-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently when you deliver a boat from FL it is not only required to NOT have the keys, but also to leave the Perko's on so that the batteries are so dead that the allarm is going off so loud that the marina attendant calls to say the it sounds like "hey is your boat fixing to explode"?? You go to check on it, and yes he is probably right. Might not be any sea ray action this weekend.

Want to rip some balls off right about now........
Old 05-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Old 05-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wstultz
I was eating lunch down the cove from Spk1's Hatt one day and a guy who had just bought a 70 something Pershing that was docked at the hotel told me the Leopards were horrible in rough water. He was telling me this as a 72 drove by with five ladies on the bow.
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2001.../United-States

I want this, when my share of the magnum is paid out. :juco:
Old 05-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spk1
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2001.../United-States

I want this, when my share of the magnum is paid out. :juco:
now you're talking.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Apparently when you deliver a boat from FL it is not only required to NOT have the keys, but also to leave the Perko's on so that the batteries are so dead that the allarm is going off so loud that the marina attendant calls to say the it sounds like "hey is your boat fixing to explode"?? You go to check on it, and yes he is probably right. Might not be any sea ray action this weekend.

I am more than sure Gregory Performance can overcome some dead batteries and no keys......just stay away from the engines
Old 05-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Registered

Texas Parks and Wildlife Game Warden Ron Vanderroest, left, Montgomery County District Attorney Brett Ligon, Montgomery County Precinct 1 Constable Don Chumley and Montgomery County Sheriff Tommy Gage are among the law enforcement officials participating in the BWI “no refusal” task force on Lake Conroe this weekend.

By Brad Meyer
Updated: 05.22.09
LAKE CONROE – A multi-jurisdictional law enforcement effort over Memorial Day weekend aims to prevent injuries, accidents and fatalities due to alcohol abuse on Lake Conroe.

More than a dozen law enforcement boats will be on the lake throughout the weekend looking for safety violations. Those suspected of boating while intoxicated who refuse a field sobriety test will be taken to specially staffed stations for blood and breathalyzer tests where refusal is not an option.

“Lake Conroe has evolved from a friendly community resource to a major recreational destination,” Montgomery County District Attorney Brett Ligon said during a press conference Friday at Papa’s on the Lake. “The increase in boating accidents and deaths is disturbing; and it’s time something was done about it.”

At the recommendation of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Ligon is working with multiple law enforcement agencies on the “no refusal” weekend. Judges will be available to issue search warrants, and nurses will be on hand to draw blood from anyone refusing a sobriety test.

“Our goal is not to increase arrests or diminish anyone’s good times,” Ligon said. “Our objective is focus attention on the need for responsible boating.”

Too often, boaters who drink and drive forget common sense for themselves and their passengers, Ligon said. The danger is not only on the water, but on Texas roadways when boat owners drive home after a day on the water.

“We encourage people to have a good time on the lake,” he said. “But it’s important that it be done responsibly with a designated driver – on land as well as on the water.”

Participating in the first-of-its-kind task force are representatives from the Conroe Police Department, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Parks and Wildlife, Montgomery County Precinct 1 Constable’s Office and the Houston Police Department.

Judges volunteering their time over the weekend to serve search warrants enabling quick breath and blood tests are County Court-at-Law Judge 1 Dennis Watson, County Court-at-Law 5 Judge Keith Mills Stewart, County Court-at-Law 3 Judge Patrice McDonald, 221st state District Court Judge Suzanne Stovall, County Court- at-Law 4 Judge Mary Ann Turner, 359th state District Court Judge Kathleen Hamilton and 418th state District Court Judge Tracy Gilbert.

TPWD Game Warden Ron Vanderroest said the agencies will have 12 boats on the water operating around the clock through midnight Memorial Day.

“We’ll be making random safety checks and on the lookout for situations that suggest a boater might be under the influence,” he said.

In addition to the expanded law enforcement presence on the lake, Ligon said Montgomery County Precinct 1’s boats have been equipped with state-of-the-art digital video camera systems to record subjects during safety inspections and field sobriety tests.

“We are enhancing our evidence-collecting capabilities,” he said. “We intend to prosecute violators, and we now have the tools to make our case. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a video is indisputable.”
Old 05-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man

You might want to call Milstead since Dave just had your boat towed for parking in the wrong spot.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
You might want to call Milstead since Dave just had your boat towed for parking in the wrong spot.
There was no towing involved. I was told to park wherever I needed to by the security guard in charge.

Boat made it back in one piece. There are a few issues, but over time I can get the bugs worked out.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool boat Jeffro. Looks like you picked a winner.

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.