The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spk1
Funny you ask,, I hear and will investigate in the next couple weeks, that years ago a development company built a waterway system a bit like Fort Lauderdale, High Concrete bulkheads and all, and the project never took off, there are only like five finished homes out there, and lots of property with dock space, its an hour and a half ride from fort lauderdale (doing 50), Rumor is the land is dirt cheap, 35k was one quote I got for land with 40-50 of dockage, dont know if its true, but if it is Loook Outtt,
Very nice. check it out and let us know. We may have to put together a B.S. Thread wing of the Bahamas.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Inmates Get Access To Crime Records
By Stephen Dean

POSTED: Wednesday, June 24, 2009
UPDATED: 9:24 am CDT June 24, 2009

CONROE, Texas -- The Montgomery County Sheriff said he has banned all inmate access to his records division, after Local 2 Investigates found felons and other accused criminals working without supervisions on filing sensitive police reports and evidence.

WATCH IT: Inmates Get Access To Crime Records

Sheriff Tommy Gage said, "Had we had knowledge of that, it would have stopped the very first day it started."

Jail workers first notified Local 2 Investigates when a manager in the sheriff's department records division first started using inmate labor to save time in filing reports that were taken by deputies.

Those sheriff's department employees noted that offense reports often contain bank account numbers, Social Security numbers, names and addresses of crime victims. Many burglary reports often list the exact time of day that families are routinely away from their homes.

When Local 2 Investigates tracked down one of the inmates who actually filed thousands of reports, he agreed that all sorts of information was available for abuse. He also said evidence could have been jeopardized and criminals could have walked free because of the inmate access.

"If I was somebody that had a criminal mind, I could go and, if I was to look at those files, I could find out which houses were the best to go to at a certain time," said the inmate who was recently released from jail on a drug conviction. His rap sheet includes prior arrests for assault and terroristic threats. He asked that his identity be withheld.

He said he often worked four days per week, more than eight hours each day, filing stacks of thousands of reports, along with the evidence that sometimes accompanied those reports.

"It was crazy," he said. "I could read about anybody I wanted to because I had to read the file just to make sure that it was going into the proper place."

He even recognized one report that was filed by a relative's ex-wife. He admitted that he read it closely, but said, "I just kept it to myself and put it where it belonged."

Local 2 Investigates obtained official copies of some of the reports that inmates and jail employees identified as having been handled by inmates. One report contained unlisted phone numbers and cell phone numbers, the other reports named crime victims. One report provided all the personal information of a rape victim, along with her account of being attacked. One report listed evidence that accompanied the paperwork in the sheriff's department file. Other reports spelled out family violence allegations between husbands and wives.

Montgomery County resident Jennifer Tovar was amazed when she found out about a jail manager's decision to put inmates in charge of such sensitive information.

"Where was his common sense? I mean, they're in jail for a reason," she said. "I would feel a little scared, you know. What if that information that you filed against somebody got to the person you filed the report against? I mean, there could be retribution, there could be all sorts of things to come from that."

The former inmate raised an even more troubling notion. The inmate said he could have easily destroyed evidence that was supposed to be filed along with some of the reports, possibly giving a career criminal a ticket out of jail. If the evidence were to have vanished, an inmate would have a better shot at having his charges dismissed.

"I could have gotten rid of so much evidence for anybody," said the former inmate. "If anybody wanted to pay me or anything like that to get rid of something, I could have gotten rid of it."

Gage said his staff discovered the inmates working in the file room before he was contacted by Local 2 Investigates. The day after a reporter called him, he said the manager who made the decision suddenly resigned after being confronted with the issue.

The sheriff said inmates were immediately removed from the filing area and a directive has gone out, banning the practice in the Montgomery County Jail.

"That will never happen again in our records division," said Gage. "To have an inmate in a position where they could get information off an offense report, whatever that information may be, somebody's name, address, Social Security number, or whatever, you don't want to believe that those things are going on, or somebody would let that happen."

The sheriff said only time will tell whether inmates actually used any information for additional crimes.

Gage said, "From what we've been able to obtain, I feel comfortable that nothing will come of this as far as using this information in a criminal way or a bad way."

If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477).

Copyright 2009 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Text SizeInmates Get Access To Crime Records
By Stephen Dean
Old 06-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Inmates Get Access To Crime Records
By Stephen Dean

CONROE, Texas -- The Montgomery County Sheriff said he has banned all inmate access to his records division, after Local 2 Investigates found felons and other accused criminals working without supervisions on filing sensitive police reports and evidence.

WATCH IT: Inmates Get Access To Crime Records

Sheriff Tommy Gage said, "Had we had knowledge of that, it would have stopped the very first day it started."

Jail workers first notified Local 2 Investigates when a manager in the sheriff's department records division first started using inmate labor to save time in filing reports that were taken by deputies.

Those sheriff's department employees noted that offense reports often contain bank account numbers, Social Security numbers, names and addresses of crime victims. Many burglary reports often list the exact time of day that families are routinely away from their homes.

When Local 2 Investigates tracked down one of the inmates who actually filed thousands of reports, he agreed that all sorts of information was available for abuse. He also said evidence could have been jeopardized and criminals could have walked free because of the inmate access.

"If I was somebody that had a criminal mind, I could go and, if I was to look at those files, I could find out which houses were the best to go to at a certain time," said the inmate who was recently released from jail on a drug conviction. His rap sheet includes prior arrests for assault and terroristic threats. He asked that his identity be withheld.

He said he often worked four days per week, more than eight hours each day, filing stacks of thousands of reports, along with the evidence that sometimes accompanied those reports.

"It was crazy," he said. "I could read about anybody I wanted to because I had to read the file just to make sure that it was going into the proper place."

He even recognized one report that was filed by a relative's ex-wife. He admitted that he read it closely, but said, "I just kept it to myself and put it where it belonged."

Local 2 Investigates obtained official copies of some of the reports that inmates and jail employees identified as having been handled by inmates. One report contained unlisted phone numbers and cell phone numbers, the other reports named crime victims. One report provided all the personal information of a rape victim, along with her account of being attacked. One report listed evidence that accompanied the paperwork in the sheriff's department file. Other reports spelled out family violence allegations between husbands and wives.

Montgomery County resident Jennifer Tovar was amazed when she found out about a jail manager's decision to put inmates in charge of such sensitive information.

"Where was his common sense? I mean, they're in jail for a reason," she said. "I would feel a little scared, you know. What if that information that you filed against somebody got to the person you filed the report against? I mean, there could be retribution, there could be all sorts of things to come from that."

The former inmate raised an even more troubling notion. The inmate said he could have easily destroyed evidence that was supposed to be filed along with some of the reports, possibly giving a career criminal a ticket out of jail. If the evidence were to have vanished, an inmate would have a better shot at having his charges dismissed.

"I could have gotten rid of so much evidence for anybody," said the former inmate. "If anybody wanted to pay me or anything like that to get rid of something, I could have gotten rid of it."

Gage said his staff discovered the inmates working in the file room before he was contacted by Local 2 Investigates. The day after a reporter called him, he said the manager who made the decision suddenly resigned after being confronted with the issue.

The sheriff said inmates were immediately removed from the filing area and a directive has gone out, banning the practice in the Montgomery County Jail.

"That will never happen again in our records division," said Gage. "To have an inmate in a position where they could get information off an offense report, whatever that information may be, somebody's name, address, Social Security number, or whatever, you don't want to believe that those things are going on, or somebody would let that happen."

The sheriff said only time will tell whether inmates actually used any information for additional crimes.

Gage said, "From what we've been able to obtain, I feel comfortable that nothing will come of this as far as using this information in a criminal way or a bad way."

If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477).

Copyright 2009 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Text SizeInmates Get Access To Crime Records
By Stephen Dean
Gage was probably too busy playing supercop on the tax paying boaters of lake conroe, to pay any attention to real crime. What a POS.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny you ask,, I hear and will investigate in the next couple weeks, that years ago a development company built a waterway system a bit like Fort Lauderdale, High Concrete bulkheads and all, and the project never took off, there are only like five finished homes out there, and lots of property with dock space, its an hour and a half ride from fort lauderdale (doing 50), Rumor is the land is dirt cheap, 35k was one quote I got for land with 40-50 of dockage, dont know if its true, but if it is Loook Outtt,
I want in. But do you actually own the property in the bahamas, or is it a long term lease like in MX?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Tough day and it is hot out there.

Sea Ray is all back together and tucked into her stall at Inland.

Thanks TMR.

Need to take it out after dark so I can try out those new transom lights.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 PM
Registered

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...canyachtsales&

For what it is, this is a nice deal on a clean twin diesel with a cockpit to fish out of.
i totally thought that was a deal and i am down on buying a defunct development out, i cant come to florida long term for a number of years anyway so it would be perfect, let us know how many lots and what the deal is, we will buy them all and cut our good buddies in and club 105 will have it own island getaway
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

So farI have found out that you can own 100% non of that 99yr morgage like mexico had. So far I have heard that the real estate deals are legit, Im taking my dad to the West End in the Bandit for his BDay, this weekend, so I will know alot more in a week. A group buy would be cool, we could all retire together one day. Untill you build you can have a nice place to tie a boat up.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Registered

Hey Boatman,

I need to bring the banana over to TMR and have your guys go through the drive, add/change fluids, probably seels too and realign the engine/drive. Whats your schedule look like? I can bring it over anytime after friday. I am trying to get it ready to use on the poker run
Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trojan-man
Hey Boatman,

I need to bring the banana over to TMR and have your guys go through the drive, add/change fluids, probably seels too and realign the engine/drive. Whats your schedule look like? I can bring it over anytime after friday. I am trying to get it ready to use on the poker run
TMR doesn't have time to clean up the Stultz's mess in June
Old 06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Trojan-man
Hey Boatman,

TMR doesn't want to be held acountable for all the stuff you guys didn't do correctly

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.