Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by On Time
New Salt Grass is better
I talked to 2 sets of people that had been in there and they said that it was not good at all.

Besides, Outback is tradition.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Look out south Florida

A strong tropical wave (90L), with a large circulation and a moderate amount of heavy thunderstorm activity, is a few hundred miles southwest of the Cape Verdes Islands, off the coast of Africa. This morning's QuikSCAT pass shows that 90L has a large circulation, but this circulation is not yet well-formed, as it is elongated along an east-west axis. Satellite imagery from the European METEOSAT satellite show that the heavy thunderstorms associated with 90L are gradually becoming better organized, with some spiral banding evident on the south side of the storm. Satellite intensity estimates from NOAA already put 90L at tropical depression strength with 30 mph winds, but the storm does not yet have a well enough formed circulation to be classified as a depression. Water vapor imagery shows that since 90L is forming several hundred miles south of the dry air of the Saharan Air Layer (SAL), the storm should not be affected by dry air and dust as much as Tropical Depression Two was. However, there is some dry air from the SAL being sucked into the circulation of 90L, and this is retarding its development.

Wind shear is moderate, about 10 - 15 knots, but is forecast to fall to the low range, 5 - 10 knots, later today. Shear is then forecast to remain low for the next five days. Sea Surface Temperatures are about 28°C, and will remain in the 27 - 28°C range the next five days. The combination of low wind shear and sufficiently warm SSTs should allow 90L to develop into a tropical depression by Saturday, and potentially reach hurricane strength by Wednesday. Most of our reliable models strengthen 90L into a hurricane by Wednesday, when the storm is expected to be near the northern Lesser Antilles Islands. One important outlier is the ECMWF model, which has 90L passing to the north of the islands, and eventually recurving out to sea east of Bermuda. The ECMWF was by far the most reliable model for forecasting hurricane tracks last year. However, all of our models are pretty unreliable going out 5 days in advance for systems that have yet to reach tropical depression strength. Once 90L becomes a tropical depression and develops a well-formed circulation, the models will have a better handle on forecasting where it will go.
Attached Thumbnails The B.S. Thread-td90.gif  
Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I talked to 2 sets of people that had been in there and they said that it was not good at all.

I love SaltGrass. Tillman's my friend.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tillman sucks balls!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by joew.
Tillman sucks balls!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Look out south Florida

A strong tropical wave (90L), with a large circulation and a moderate amount of heavy thunderstorm activity, is a few hundred miles southwest of the Cape Verdes Islands, off the coast of Africa. This morning's QuikSCAT pass shows that 90L has a large circulation, but this circulation is not yet well-formed, as it is elongated along an east-west axis. Satellite imagery from the European METEOSAT satellite show that the heavy thunderstorms associated with 90L are gradually becoming better organized, with some spiral banding evident on the south side of the storm. Satellite intensity estimates from NOAA already put 90L at tropical depression strength with 30 mph winds, but the storm does not yet have a well enough formed circulation to be classified as a depression. Water vapor imagery shows that since 90L is forming several hundred miles south of the dry air of the Saharan Air Layer (SAL), the storm should not be affected by dry air and dust as much as Tropical Depression Two was. However, there is some dry air from the SAL being sucked into the circulation of 90L, and this is retarding its development.

Wind shear is moderate, about 10 - 15 knots, but is forecast to fall to the low range, 5 - 10 knots, later today. Shear is then forecast to remain low for the next five days. Sea Surface Temperatures are about 28°C, and will remain in the 27 - 28°C range the next five days. The combination of low wind shear and sufficiently warm SSTs should allow 90L to develop into a tropical depression by Saturday, and potentially reach hurricane strength by Wednesday. Most of our reliable models strengthen 90L into a hurricane by Wednesday, when the storm is expected to be near the northern Lesser Antilles Islands. One important outlier is the ECMWF model, which has 90L passing to the north of the islands, and eventually recurving out to sea east of Bermuda. The ECMWF was by far the most reliable model for forecasting hurricane tracks last year. However, all of our models are pretty unreliable going out 5 days in advance for systems that have yet to reach tropical depression strength. Once 90L becomes a tropical depression and develops a well-formed circulation, the models will have a better handle on forecasting where it will go.
Gather up any extra rocks you got and throw 'em on the dam
Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Do any of you guys have my Snap On presure testing kit.
I can't seem to find it.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

What time at outback tonight??
I am thinking 7:00PM
Old 08-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Outback treats us like royalty. As long as Preston is running Outback in Conroe, I will never set foot in Saltgrass
Old 08-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I am thinking 7:00PM
What time, theater is the movie showing?

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.