Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I hate it when jeffro is right......
Attached Thumbnails The B.S. Thread-at201003_5day.gif  
Old 07-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered

sounds like a dud

The National Hurricane Center predicted it will make landfall in the Beaumont area on Monday.

The cone of uncertainty extends to south of Galveston.

"Hurricane Alex and Tropical Depression No. 2 actually were on the left side of the cone," Yanez said. "We're going to have to pay close attention to this because a tropical storm could be nearing southeast Texas."

It's not expected to strengthen into a hurricane.

"I looked at all of the models. None of the models have this much stronger than 50 mph," Yanez said.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My luck my flight will be canceled
Old 07-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Registered

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMdiR...eature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Old 07-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wstultz
I already got the check from OSO fellas. Why do you think my ole lady has a new Tahoe in the driveway. All payouts are to thread originators.
I think you have a new tahoe, truck, tractor and fence because you were the only smart one and sold your boat. Oh and living in a 1 bedroom efficiency Man Cave that is gentle on the pocket book.

But the main reason has to be due to your lack of participation at the local watering hole. Hell if I only went out once a month I could afford a new truck but..............................Id rather help Perry pays for his.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rcolter
I think you have a new tahoe, truck, tractor and fence because you were the only smart one and sold your boat. Oh and living in a 1 bedroom efficiency Man Cave that is gentle on the pocket book.

But the main reason has to be due to your lack of participation at the local watering hole. Hell if I only went out once a month I could afford a new truck but..............................Id rather help Perry pays for his.
What fence? That all sounds about right to me.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
sounds like a dud

The National Hurricane Center predicted it will make landfall in the Beaumont area on Monday.

The cone of uncertainty extends to south of Galveston.

"Hurricane Alex and Tropical Depression No. 2 actually were on the left side of the cone," Yanez said. "We're going to have to pay close attention to this because a tropical storm could be nearing southeast Texas."

It's not expected to strengthen into a hurricane.

"I looked at all of the models. None of the models have this much stronger than 50 mph," Yanez said.

Intensity Forecast for TD 3
The primary detriment to development of TD 3 for the next three days will be the presence of the large upper-level low to its west. If the low remains in its present location, relative to TD 3, it will bring wind shear of about 10 knots to the storm. This will allow for steady intensification of perhaps 20 mph per day, and TD 3 could be a hurricane by Sunday at that pace. However, if the upper-level low slows down a bit, relative to TD 3, more shear and dry air will affect the storm, potentially weakening it. None of the computer models is calling for TD 3 to strengthen into a hurricane, but if the shear continues at 10 knots, I expect TD 3 will become a hurricane. My low-confidence intensity forecast gives TD 3 a 40% chance of becoming a hurricane. NHC is putting the odds of TD 3 being a hurricane at 2 pm Sunday at 15% with their 5pm advisory.

Taken from Dr. Jeff master's 4PM blog entry

There are a few conflicting theories out there, But remember a little tropical storm named Alison that came through here a few years ago. It was only a 60mph storm as well.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I am pretty sure I said that this thing was looking like Katrina about 2 days ago........

Pretty close to the same path prediction now.

The original models 3 days ago had this thing ending up in Ft Walton. I wonder if the earlier models were right. It does seem to be moving it's way back East. we shall see. I really don't want to go back and work in new orleans
Attached Thumbnails The B.S. Thread-bonnie-07222010pm.gif  
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Registered

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tWhJ3s5QXk[/YOUTUBE]
Old 07-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I guess that is easier than one piece at a time.

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.