The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Really, cause yo udon't have it insured for more than you paid or what??
No, insurance will not cover named storms in Florida.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wstultz
What kind of insurance do you have?? Mine does.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If flying down and grabbing my truck, gets you out of a timing jam, should this storm pick up speed, your welcome to it, The Green Machine Gets better gas mileage than a lexus. I would haul azz out to help but it looks like Im going to be getting the Bandit and the magnum ready if its comming.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spk1
If flying down and grabbing my truck, gets you out of a timing jam, should this storm pick up speed, your welcome to it, The Green Machine Gets better gas mileage than a lexus. I would haul azz out to help but it looks like Im going to be getting the Bandit and the magnum ready if its comming.
yes because the 30 mph winds and rain associated with a tropical depression could be detrimental to the dust collection these boats have accumulated not taking them to the keys all these years
Old 09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bigandy
yes because the 30 mph winds and rain associated with a tropical depression could be detrimental to the dust collection these boats have accumulated not taking them to the keys all these years
I was going to make a comment about the forcasted winds not being very strong with this one, but I knew you would handle it just fine.

It is expected to dump a lot of rain though, so making sure that the cords are plugged in for the bilge pumps might be in order.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

What kind of insurance do you have?? Mine does.
The real kind.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The real kind.
Dumb statement of the day.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigandy
30 now, but 70 is expected, better safe than sorry, that policy kept the chriscraft and the pontoon boat alive. But yea Ike wasnt too bad.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Dumb statement of the day.
Why is that dumb. My boat is covered in any waters anywhere in the U.S. and coastal waters and for any storms or windstorm damage anywhere except named storms in Florida. You have to buy an extra policy for that and it is three times the $$$ if they will even write it. Are you saying that you bought an extra storm coverage for Florida even though your boats are kept in Texas?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Why is that dumb. My boat is covered in any waters anywhere in the U.S. and coastal waters and for any storms or windstorm damage anywhere except named storms in Florida. You have to buy an extra policy for that and it is three times the $$$ if they will even write it. Are you saying that you bought an extra storm coverage for Florida even though your boats are kept in Texas?
No, I said that because it was an over generalized statement, especially when added to the prior overgeneralized statement. Just because YOUR policy is written that way, does not mean that ALL policies are written that way.

If you want me to discuss the specifics of my policies and their individual exclusions and endorsements, then you will first have to tell me which of the 3 policies that you are refering to, becuase none of them are exactly the same.

I do have one policy with a FL named storm exclusion, but it is not limited to FL, I had to pay extra for named storm coverage, but it is good in all the states.

I shouldn't have to go any further. I think my point should be made.

Stop geting your panties in such a big wad Captain know it all.

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.