The B.S. Thread >

The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I still got 3 feet under my lift, and the neighbors boat is getting in and out nicely. Oh, and now I have twice as much waterfront property.
i only have 1 waterfront property out of 5 that doesnt have water infront of it, when the lake hits bottom it will get dredged and be plenty deep in front.....
Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

down a foot today...
Old 08-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
down a foot today...
http://www.sjra.net/

the level has changed a half an inch since the release... penis math were a half inch equals a foot doesnt count in this situation.....
Old 08-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The water level on Lake Conroe could wind up 11 feet below normal by January if weather patterns remain unchanged. It’s news that left a sense of urgency among those who attended an ad hoc meeting on water Wednesday.

Some two-dozen water experts and elected officials invited by Montgomery County Judge Alan B. Sadler spent more than two hours discussing the future of water conditions in the county.

Jace Houston, deputy general manager for the San Jacinto River Authority, said climatologists at Texas A&M University have forecast a “50-50 chance” that the state’s one-year record drought continues through the rest of the year.

Should that happen, the lake level could drop to 190 feet mean sea level. Normally Lake Conroe is at 201 msl, but the lack of rain has lowered the water’s height to 196.9 msl as of Wednesday.

Compounding the problem is the draw-down of water from the lake that began noon Tuesday. The city of Houston ordered the SJRA to release 150 million gallons per day into the West Fork of the San Jacinto River. The water ends up in Lake Houston.

Houston city officials said they need the water from Lake Conroe to keep their wastewater treatment plant at Lake Houston operational. Houston owns two-thirds of the 100,000 acre-feet of water in Lake Conroe, while the SJRA owns the remaining 33,000 acre-feet.

Once this release is finished, the city of Houston can receive another 67,000 acre-feet of water starting Jan. 1, 2012, Jace Houston said.

Each release will lower the lake level approximately 4 feet, but that doesn’t include the 2 to 4 inches of evaporation each year.

“The reservoirs in Texas are designed to provide water for seven years in a drought of record,” Jace Houston said.

The Catahoula Aquifer, creation of a second water supply in the county and the purchase of water from the Trinity River Authority were topics of discussion.

Sadler called for a series of Catahoula wells, citing their “viability.”

While Conroe Mayor Webb Melder voiced his support for the Catahoula wells, he said they remain complete unknowns. He urged Lone Star Groundwater Conservation District General Manager Kathy Jones to measure the results of every well.

Mark Evans, chairman of the Region H Water Planning Board, stressed water supply over conservation for Montgomery County.

“I don’t see it working here with the population growth,” he said.

Mike Bleier, president of the Lake Conroe Association, is holding out hope for another reservoir in far West County.

“That’s the long-term solution,” he said.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

http://www.noisebot.com/im_a_stay_at...=elist20110817

colter, i found you a t shirt
Old 08-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigandy
how about a yellow 73 full convertable blazer, only 880 ever built i own three of them... lifted and got 35" goodyears on it but it could go taller easily...
Thanks but Its either a jeep or a old bronco.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Thanks but Its either a jeep or a old bronco.
good thinking cause its tough to get small block chevy parts and the drivetrain components for a truck they only made for 30 F'n years guess thats why tbone is in managment and you are a stock holder in shipleys make me a cookie before the branch in that tree breaks....
Old 08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

The title of this thread is very appropriate for this post.

Your fuel tax money was sent to USFish and game for the Clean Vessel Act, It was then granted to a sailboat club $43,500.00 to construct a marina with the stipulation that it be open to ALL boats. Since it's completion in 2004 the sailboat club has never allowed power boats to use the facility. Help me right this wrong, they will not let me access the restrooms or parking lot because the sailboat club (ACSA) does not like the look or sound of my Scarab. Please sign the petition below.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...m-creek-s.html
Old 08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dr Ralphy

Your fuel tax money was sent to USFish and game for the Clean Vessel Act, It was then granted to a sailboat club $43,500.00 to construct a marina with the stipulation that it be open to ALL boats. Since it's completion in 2004 the sailboat club has never allowed power boats to use the facility. Help me right this wrong, they will not let me access the restrooms or parking lot because the sailboat club (ACSA) does not like the look or sound of my Scarab. Please sign the petition below.

46 signatures.. im impressed, perhaps taking a dump on there boat ramp would get the point across??
Old 08-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dr Ralphy

For 10 first class tickets 20 cases of bud light, and a weekend sailboat rental, we could probably get that marina opened up to the general public by monday morning. Keep our offer in mind, petitions only work for sail boaters,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGD-tUsySPs

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.