The B.S. Thread >

The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TKO Sutphen won it's class. It beat two other boats, both of which were catamarans. Sweet pics. That one of lightning jacks is up there.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wstultz
TKO Sutphen won it's class. It beat two other boats, both of which were catamarans. Sweet pics. That one of lightning jacks is up there.
yeah. way up there.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wstultz
first year i went to key west i drove thru the night and stopped in a grocery store parking lot next to TKO with "outerlimits" and walked inside wondering who was driving the boat and all i see is this giant white haired dude with a tko shirt on and he gave me directions to navy pier...

Jeffro you should find out about being a patrol boat in key west, than you can run down 50 foot CG cutters and tell them they are inside a closed race course and that they have to leave and then they can pull the covers off of there 50cal deck guns and you can show them how fast your boat runs in the other direction in the rough
Old 10-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bigandy
first year i went to key west i drove thru the night and stopped in a grocery store parking lot next to TKO with "outerlimits" and walked inside wondering who was driving the boat and all i see is this giant white haired dude with a tko shirt on and he gave me directions to navy pier...

Jeffro you should find out about being a patrol boat in key west, than you can run down 50 foot CG cutters and tell them they are inside a closed race course and that they have to leave and then they can pull the covers off of there 50cal deck guns and you can show them how fast your boat runs in the other direction in the rough
Unfortunately after further inspection, the boat is starting it's journey home to TX. Further investigation shows a broken drive coupler to go with the busted upper.

I guess there is always next year. It was worth it though to blow by the tourists in the middle of the city. There were many boatloads of cameras pointed at the Attention Getter that day.

Driver is picking up my Dually and trailer in the next few days. :/
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Unfortunately after further inspection, the boat is starting it's journey home to TX. Further investigation shows a broken drive coupler to go with the busted upper.

I guess there is always next year. It was worth it though to blow by the tourists in the middle of the city. There were many boatloads of cameras pointed at the Attention Getter that day.

Driver is picking up my Dually and trailer in the next few days. :/
you got a driver bringing it home fancy boy??? dang couple of steaks and a plane ticket and some dollar bills for waffle house and maybe the occasional nudie bar and i woulda brought it all home for you.... $50 fee for tire changes thou. I hate that part of those trips
Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bigandy
you got a driver bringing it home fancy boy??? dang couple of steaks and a plane ticket and some dollar bills for waffle house and maybe the occasional nudie bar and i woulda brought it all home for you.... $50 fee for tire changes thou. I hate that part of those trips
Coouple of steaks and a plane ticket cost more than the driver lol.

He was all ready on his way here to take it to FL. I jsut sent him home instead.

Maybe Mike can fix it in time and you can bring it to KW and pay for the diesel in trade for your half of the hotel room
Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Recently, residents in Montgomery County clamored for a second water source to complement Lake Conroe. And one exists, but the purpose of the Lewis Creek Reservoir is decidedly different.

Constructed in 1967, the Lewis reservoir wasn’t built to serve as a surface water storehouse. Nor was it designed to attract boating enthusiasts. In fact, the reservoir covers only 1.38 square miles of land between FM 1097 and Longstreet Road, west of Willis.

Instead, the reservoir’s role is to meet the electrical needs of Entergy Texas’ approximate 270,000 customers in the Montgomery. That is why when it comes to water, the Lewis Creek Reservoir takes precedent over its bigger brother, said Entergy spokeswoman Jill Smith.

The reservoir has a capacity of 16,400 acre feet of water – well below the 300,000 acre-feet of water in Lake Conroe. But the drought of 2011 has Entergy pumping water out of Lake Conroe and into Lewis Creek Reservoir.

The Beaumont-based utility company needs the extra water to make certain Entergy Texas can operate its two natural gas-fueled turbines.

“We have to maintain a level of operating capability,” Smith said.

Entergy Texas isn’t the only group shipping water out of Lake Conroe. Since mid-June, the SJRA has released 150 million gallons of water daily into Lake Houston. The release is part of an agreement between the SJRA and the city of Houston.

Entergy pays the San Jacinto River Authority 20 cents for each 1,000 gallons it uses to drive the turbines. Twenty-nine cents is SJRA’s standard raw water rate – effluent water is used by a number of golf courses – but Entergy gets a price break for treating its own wastewater, SJRA Deputy General Manager Jace Houston said.

“What Entergy is doing – pumping that wastewater – is pretty common,” he said “They don’t do this every day unless it’s needed.”

Entergy is restricted by contract to pump no more than seven million gallons into the Lewis Creek Reservoir each day. The withdrawal from Lake Conroe is “insignificant,” said Blake Kellum, SJRA Lake Conroe Division manager.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Recently, residents in Montgomery County clamored for a second water source to complement Lake Conroe. And one exists, but the purpose of the Lewis Creek Reservoir is decidedly different.

Constructed in 1967, the Lewis reservoir wasn’t built to serve as a surface water storehouse. Nor was it designed to attract boating enthusiasts. In fact, the reservoir covers only 1.38 square miles of land between FM 1097 and Longstreet Road, west of Willis.

Instead, the reservoir’s role is to meet the electrical needs of Entergy Texas’ approximate 270,000 customers in the Montgomery. That is why when it comes to water, the Lewis Creek Reservoir takes precedent over its bigger brother, said Entergy spokeswoman Jill Smith.

The reservoir has a capacity of 16,400 acre feet of water – well below the 300,000 acre-feet of water in Lake Conroe. But the drought of 2011 has Entergy pumping water out of Lake Conroe and into Lewis Creek Reservoir.

The Beaumont-based utility company needs the extra water to make certain Entergy Texas can operate its two natural gas-fueled turbines.

“We have to maintain a level of operating capability,” Smith said.

Entergy Texas isn’t the only group shipping water out of Lake Conroe. Since mid-June, the SJRA has released 150 million gallons of water daily into Lake Houston. The release is part of an agreement between the SJRA and the city of Houston.

Entergy pays the San Jacinto River Authority 20 cents for each 1,000 gallons it uses to drive the turbines. Twenty-nine cents is SJRA’s standard raw water rate – effluent water is used by a number of golf courses – but Entergy gets a price break for treating its own wastewater, SJRA Deputy General Manager Jace Houston said.

“What Entergy is doing – pumping that wastewater – is pretty common,” he said “They don’t do this every day unless it’s needed.”

Entergy is restricted by contract to pump no more than seven million gallons into the Lewis Creek Reservoir each day. The withdrawal from Lake Conroe is “insignificant,” said Blake Kellum, SJRA Lake Conroe Division manager.
And yet when I was in town a couple weeks ago, it looked like EVERY sprinkler in the woodlands was running while I was driving to the airport in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY.

I just met a person staying here at the hotel and she is from Richmond and says that she has barely even heard about a water problem in Lake Conroe.

Not really sure where they get their water from.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
George has started making a habit of sleeping on my couch. I am going to see if he will help with the mortgage.
Back from the dead
Old 10-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by txlefty
I guess I could be like you guys and TRY to fix it myself. But I like being ON the water instead of talking about the "good ole days" when your boats ran. Since I have a real job and can afford to fix my ride, I'll let you grease monkeys get back to turning wrenches while I'm having a beer at the island tomorrow!
Reminiscing about the good old days of this thread

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.