The B.S. Thread >

The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joew.
This place does suck!!!!! Not a single name for the fountain? I was expecting at least a mini me joke or something.

A few names.....
Stultzless
32' and running
Islander II
Final offer
Fuelin around
Happy hours

I mean come on you bit(hes!
You're a scotch man so how about
Straight up
Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This place does suck!!!!! Not a single name for the fountain? I was expecting at least a mini me joke or something.

A few names.....
Stultzless
32' and running
Islander II
Final offer
Fuelin around
Happy hours

I mean come on you bit(hes!
WoW! You lob this snowball right over the plate and no one swings? <----------- for the first name.

Swing and a Miss!
WhoreBag
The CaN
All out of Teal
Whores power
ToothLess
"A Little Starboard" <----
Qucik Flip
Banana Hammock
Mini CrapShoot

Need I go on or is there a winner in that bunch?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Pistol whipped"
" the wrong stuff"
" moisture missile"
" liquor box"
"Cucah!"
"My previous owners were much cooler than me"
"Island hopper"
"I just got spanked by another Sutphen"
"My beak is longer than yours"
" yes I have a gold chain"
" time capsule"
I can go all day!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Registered

Now we are getting on track! I like the Island hopper them personally. That said, some of those names brought back several memories
Old 03-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Good times today.....time to come up with a new boat name for joew's beak....

I am thinking Kim's beak ect...ect...
Boner Vision
Attached Thumbnails The B.S. Thread-2.bmp  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

Now we are getting on track! I like the Island hopper them personally. That said, some of those names brought back several memories
Did you mean "Theme" one week as a fountain owner and he is already tethlongnging.

Theme (narrative)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Theme (literature))

Jump to: navigation, search

In contemporary literary studies, a theme is the central topic, subject, or concept a text treats, not to be confused with whatever message, moral, or commentary it may send or be interpreted as sending regarding said concept (i.e., its inferred "thesis"). While the term "theme" was for a period used to reference "message" or "moral," literary critics now rarely employ it in this fashion, namely due to the confusion it causes regarding the common denotation of theme: "[t]he subject of discourse, discussion, conversation, meditation, or composition; a topic."[1][1]

Nevertheless, many textbooks still promote theme's traditional usage in which theme is differentiated from subject—a work's subject being what readers "think the work is about" and its theme being "what the work says about the subject".[2] While the traditional use of theme to mean "the text's thesis" is still generally considered the most efficient usage, the confusion it provokes in pedagogical situations due the popular denotation of theme (mentioned above), has encouraged the introduction of the terms "thematic concept" (for subject) and "thematic statement" (for theme).

Given this context, the most common contemporary understanding of theme is an idea or concept that is central to a story, which can often be summed in a single word (i.e., love, death, betrayal). Typical examples of themes of this type are conflict between the individual and society; coming of age; humans in conflict with technology; nostalgia; and the dangers of unchecked ambition.[3]

According to a slightly different view, a theme may be exemplified by the actions, utterances, or thoughts of a character in a novel, and may differ from the thesis—the text's or implied author's implied worldview.[4]

A story may have several themes. Themes often explore historically common or cross-culturally recognizable ideas and are usually implied rather than stated explicitly. Along with plot, character, setting, and style, theme is considered one of the fundamental components of fiction.[5]

Contents
[hide] 1 Techniques 1.1 Leitwortstil
1.2 Thematic patterning

2 See also
3 References
4 External links
Old 03-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Registered

Hello neighbors,

I'm new to this site and this is my 1st post. I'm posting here because I'm looking to ask the local folks questions on where to take my boat, after I purchase it, to have some upgrades installed. I'd like find out where to take it and 'not' to take it for repairs/upgrades.

I'm in the middle of purchasing a '97 Baja Outlaw 29 SST. I'm purchasing it from a local dealer on hwy 105. It is supposed to be detailed and everything operating 100% when I arrive back into the country April 18th.

After the purchase, I'll be looking to put it into a shop to have the following installed/replaced.
* A 'rockin' stereo system.
* LED lights around the speakers and through out the cabin.
* 2 stern under water LED lights.
* A combo GPS, Chart Plotter, Depth sounder & Fish Finder.
* Recover the 2 Captains chairs, rear bench seat & engine hatch or sun pad.

Where do you recommend taking it for quality work with decent rates?

I'm looking forward to the replies as it's been a month now since the beginning of this purchase and I can't sleep. All I do is think about this boat! ! !

Thank you to all for any info.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by foosdaddy
Hello neighbors,

I'm new to this site and this is my 1st post. I'm posting here because I'm looking to ask the local folks questions on where to take my boat, after I purchase it, to have some upgrades installed. I'd like find out where to take it and 'not' to take it for repairs/upgrades.

I'm in the middle of purchasing a '97 Baja Outlaw 29 SST. I'm purchasing it from a local dealer on hwy 105. It is supposed to be detailed and everything operating 100% when I arrive back into the country April 18th.

After the purchase, I'll be looking to put it into a shop to have the following installed/replaced.
* A 'rockin' stereo system.
* LED lights around the speakers and through out the cabin.
* 2 stern under water LED lights.
* A combo GPS, Chart Plotter, Depth sounder & Fish Finder.
* Recover the 2 Captains chairs, rear bench seat & engine hatch or sun pad.

Where do you recommend taking it for quality work with decent rates?

I'm looking forward to the replies as it's been a month now since the beginning of this purchase and I can't sleep. All I do is think about this boat! ! !

Thank you to all for any info.
Inland marina is the best for mercury stuff. I hear good things about lake side audio for stereo stuff and Wade has a good vinyl guy. Welcome to the area.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spk1
Did you mean "Theme" one week as a fountain owner and he is already tethlongnging.

Theme (narrative)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Theme (literature))

Jump to: navigation, search

In contemporary literary studies, a theme is the central topic, subject, or concept a text treats, not to be confused with whatever message, moral, or commentary it may send or be interpreted as sending regarding said concept (i.e., its inferred "thesis"). While the term "theme" was for a period used to reference "message" or "moral," literary critics now rarely employ it in this fashion, namely due to the confusion it causes regarding the common denotation of theme: "[t]he subject of discourse, discussion, conversation, meditation, or composition; a topic."[1][1]

Nevertheless, many textbooks still promote theme's traditional usage in which theme is differentiated from subject—a work's subject being what readers "think the work is about" and its theme being "what the work says about the subject".[2] While the traditional use of theme to mean "the text's thesis" is still generally considered the most efficient usage, the confusion it provokes in pedagogical situations due the popular denotation of theme (mentioned above), has encouraged the introduction of the terms "thematic concept" (for subject) and "thematic statement" (for theme).

Given this context, the most common contemporary understanding of theme is an idea or concept that is central to a story, which can often be summed in a single word (i.e., love, death, betrayal). Typical examples of themes of this type are conflict between the individual and society; coming of age; humans in conflict with technology; nostalgia; and the dangers of unchecked ambition.[3]

According to a slightly different view, a theme may be exemplified by the actions, utterances, or thoughts of a character in a novel, and may differ from the thesis—the text's or implied author's implied worldview.[4]

A story may have several themes. Themes often explore historically common or cross-culturally recognizable ideas and are usually implied rather than stated explicitly. Along with plot, character, setting, and style, theme is considered one of the fundamental components of fiction.[5]

Contents
[hide] 1 Techniques 1.1 Leitwortstil
1.2 Thematic patterning

2 See also
3 References
4 External links
Old 04-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Registered

Inland marina is the best for mercury stuff. I hear good things about lake side audio for stereo stuff and Wade has a good vinyl guy. Welcome to the area.

Joew.,

Thank you for the reply. Is Wade at Lake Side Audio? I'll deffinently be stopping by. It would be great getting the stereo & upholstry at the same time. Looking at thier web site it looks like they can do the LED lights as well.

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.