Old 05-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im leaving the office now,
Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatman22
It was 1 heac of a day. It was great meeting everyone yesterday and putting faces and names together...great feast Jeff...After T-bone left us in his rooster tail we headed back to jeffs and saw some friends with their houseboat ancored by Pappas. Rafted up and listened to the band,drink till I was smart, and then played a pontoon to a house as he motored back to Del lago....Just as we were leaving Pappas we saw Big Andy pulling in we should have stayed...no I think it's a good thing we left......Looking forward to seeing everyone again.....
It was nice meeting you Boatman
Attached Thumbnails The B.S. Thread-caa781op.jpg  
Old 05-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep nice metting you and your wife.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
yep nice metting you and your wife.
she had interesting jewrey......
Attached Thumbnails The B.S. Thread-cak12hta.jpg   The B.S. Thread-cagxm389.jpg  
Old 05-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Once they start moving, they never stop. You will need to patch whatever ou use to fix it, every 5-8 years. This depends on how long you can tolerate the doors not shutting. If this guy flipped the house, he probably convinced the previous owners that the foudation was not repairable or needed a ton of money to fix, and then just patched the sheet rock and painted and let the next owner worry about it.

Structurally they will stay there forever, but cosmetically they stay a nightmare.
Look guys,

I know jeff has an insurance perspective and I am not saying that what he is saying is necessarily wrong, but the structure is not the important thing here. People who buy homes in the heights don't buy homes for the homes, they buy homes for the land and the location. If you like those, buy the home, tear it down in 3-5 years, build a 3 story townhome like everyone else, live in it another 2-5- years, sell it and make 100gz. Those original homes are all falling apart, and they are all going to have the same problems. Most homes over 30 years old are going to have slab problems, whether it is slab, pier and beam, post tension, whatever. If the home is more important than the land and location, come up north and get a new home 2000ft bigger for the same money.

Also, never never never buy a home and give the earnest money check to the owner. That goes directly to the title company and registered as a receipt when the contract is delivered and the title is opened. Your realtor should be fired and sued for letting that happen. Always negotiate the biggest option period possible and do all the inspections inside that time frame, this will let you walk away from the contract at any time for the nominal fee it cost you. $10,$50,$100 or whatever, not the earnest money. Sorry to ramble, but I am a builder with 300 + homes under my belt and a real estate agent, and I hate to see people get taken advantage of.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trojan-man
Look guys,

I know jeff has an insurance perspective and I am not saying that what he is saying is necessarily wrong, but the structure is not the important thing here. People who buy homes in the heights don't buy homes for the homes, they buy homes for the land and the location. If you like those, buy the home, tear it down in 3-5 years, build a 3 story townhome like everyone else, live in it another 2-5- years, sell it and make 100gz. Those original homes are all falling apart, and they are all going to have the same problems. Most homes over 30 years old are going to have slab problems, whether it is slab, pier and beam, post tension, whatever. If the home is more important than the land and location, come up north and get a new home 2000ft bigger for the same money.

Also, never never never buy a home and give the earnest money check to the owner. That goes directly to the title company and registered as a receipt when the contract is delivered and the title is opened. Your realtor should be fired and sued for letting that happen. Always negotiate the biggest option period possible and do all the inspections inside that time frame, this will let you walk away from the contract at any time for the nominal fee it cost you. $10,$50,$100 or whatever, not the earnest money. Sorry to ramble, but I am a builder with 300 + homes under my belt and a real estate agent, and I hate to see people get taken advantage of.

Good info. Thanks for shooting Jeff between the eyes and letting me live I new you were a good guy
Old 05-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Good info. Thanks for shooting Jeff between the eyes and letting me live I new you were a good guy
You took me on a real nice boatride Sunday, you are safe this week
Old 05-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look guys,

you are right i am more interested in the land than i am the house,since there is alot of building going on in the area.several homes and lots on the same and next block have sold for 300k plus and half the size lot we are looking at. After thinking about it the good out weighs the bad and we are going to get it. Ther is no way i will lose money on this deal not with the location.

Also after getting home and checking with jenni no checks have been cashed. i guess i was alittle hot when i posted earlier. all the issue i can handle and none are in need of imediate attention
Old 05-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
you are right i am more interested in the land than i am the house,since there is alot of building going on in the area.several homes and lots on the same and next block have sold for 300k plus and half the size lot we are looking at. After thinking about it the good out weighs the bad and we are going to get it. Ther is no way i will lose money on this deal not with the location.

Also after getting home and checking with jenni no checks have been cashed. i guess i was alittle hot when i posted earlier. all the issue i can handle and none are in need of imediate attention
Just keep in mind the big picture. I am sure myself, bigandy, wstultz, and rcolter all being builders can help you out with whatever you can't handle.......oh and an honorary builder's degree goes out to jeffman, because he knows everything
Old 05-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered

Just keep in mind the big picture. I am sure myself, bigandy, wstultz, and rcolter all being builders can help you out with whatever you can't handle.......oh and an honorary builder's degree goes out to jeffman, because he knows everything
Lets not foget Louie has 30 plus rent houses in that area

We shall take you under our wing

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.