The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goupstream
retro-fit for mechanical indicators plus cables, the throttle has been cut out but not yet installed with the new cables (platinum), steering wheel and hub is new design TC with billet hub (before it was basic), as for the indicators the actuator holes still have to be cut out for the tabs I believe. the gauges, switches and fuses have to be reinstalled along with the dash panels. seat bolsters, hatch, engine as well. and who the hell knows what else along the way
Go by and see Jerry Davis. He has the shop across 105 from Jack in the box. Has yellow boat up on the sign. He and his guys are a repair shop and they do a lot of rigging etc.

Tell him what you need to do and that Jeff Gregory sent you over.

He stays busy, but is reasonable on cost.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Need it for an extra. Call me when I an come by your house. I want to see if I can fit under the lift. I'll take you up on the offer from yesterday if it is still on the table.
Come on by I'll be hear all day..
Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Registered

I thought you knew where the boat was...this is Louie's old boat.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Go by and see Jerry Davis. He has the shop across 105 from Jack in the box. Has yellow boat up on the sign. He and his guys are a repair shop and they do a lot of rigging etc.

Tell him what you need to do and that Jeff Gregory sent you over.

He stays busy, but is reasonable on cost.
YOU HAVE TWO FIRST NAMES
Old 07-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I thought you knew where the boat was...this is Louie's old boat.
Didn't recognize you. You know who Jerry is then.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
YOU HAVE TWO FIRST NAMES
PAT is short for patrick
Old 07-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Pat (Saturday Night Live)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Pat was an androgynous fictional character created and performed by Julia Sweeney for the American sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live.

Pat was a somewhat overweight, sexually ambiguous character with short, curly black hair who wore glasses and a blue western-style shirt with tan slacks. The character spoke in a nasally voice that sometimes squeaked. Pat apparently suffered from very sweaty palms, and constantly wiped them on his/her clothing while making a strange whimpering sound, further adding to the character's unappealing quality. Sweeney wore no makeup and colored her lips beige to further hide any sex identity clues.

The sketches always involved the celebrity guest hosts of the show playing everyday people who encounter Pat and then go to great lengths to discover Pat's true sex without being so rude as to actually ask (since Pat can be short for either "Patrick", a traditionally male name, or "Patricia", a traditionally female name). Pat remained completely oblivious, endlessly frustrating the questioners with answers that leave the character's sex vague. The character often made statements that seemed to reveal a sex, only to then immediately confuse things again. (A typical example might be, "Sorry if I'm a little grumpy, I have really bad cramps... I rode my bike over here, and my calf muscles are KILLING me!") In another sketch, Pat tells Kevin Nealon that his/her name is Pat Riley, same as the coach of the Lakers, "except there's a big difference between him and me. I'm not the coach of a professional basketball team."

The character was popular enough to spawn a feature length 1994 film called It's Pat (from the lyrics of the character's theme song on Saturday Night Live). In the film, Pat meets Chris, another sexually ambiguous character played by Dave Foley. (On SNL, Chris had been played by Dana Carvey.) They quickly fall in love and propose to each other at the exact same time. Before the wedding, however, Chris breaks up with Pat on account of Pat's arrogance and the fact that Pat cannot decide on a direction in life. Meanwhile, Pat has become an object of obsession of a neighbor (Charles Rocket), who is so determined to discover Pat's sex that he goes insane. Pat also has a brief rock music career in the film and plays with the band Ween. The film was a critical and commercial bomb. As of June 1, 2007, it is ranked #45 on the IMDb Bottom 100 list, with a rating of 2.2.

Sweeney also helped co-author a book to coincide with the film's release, entitled "It's Pat!: My Life Exposed". Pat makes it through the entire 96 page book without revealing his/her true sex.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Pat's sex
Sweeney recently admitted that Pat is probably a woman. This admission stems from a sketch with Harvey Keitel in which their two characters, both of dubious sexual provenance, share a kiss. Sweeney reflexively tilted her head to receive the kiss in the stereotypically feminine fashion, a move that was not noticed at the time but was brought to her attention a couple of years later. Sweeney says she normally paid close attention to such details in her performances as Pat and was disappointed that she had made this mistake. Although a slip of acting does not necessarily define Pat's sex, Sweeney nevertheless accepted that this made Pat a woman.

In the SNL episode starring Linda Hamilton, 16 November 1991, a few people are able to learn the truth about Pat's sex. In a sketch set at a gymnasium, the showers there are separated by sex, forcing Pat to choose one or the other; when Pat does, Hamilton and the other characters in the sketch learn Pat's sex. However, the audience is still left wondering, because while the characters in the sketch were learning the truth, SNL cut to Nealon, from the "Weekend Update" desk, announcing the results of the Louisiana gubernatorial election between David Duke and Edwin Edwards. In the final Pat sketch to air on television, Keitel asks Pat directly what Pat's sex is. Just as Pat is about to reveal the truth, an audience member (played by Adam Sandler) suddenly stands up and screams at Pat not to tell, declaring that NBC will be bereft of comedy if Pat told, along with the departure of Cheers and David Letterman. Pat reluctantly agrees to this, and the question goes unanswered.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails The B.S. Thread-pat.jpg  
Old 07-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Registered

Does anyone know someone in my area that can assemble all boating accessories...ie: dash panels/gauges, steering wheel, switch throttle pattern and assemble, cables for mechanical indicators, engine, etc....Montgomery, Texas
Hodges

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.