Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > TOPPS
The B.S. Thread >

The B.S. Thread

Notices

The B.S. Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know most mechanics are very much against solutions in a can, and in most cases they are correct, but from a molecular level, I have found heet to be effective, Its contains methanol and methanol is more effective in reducing power loss from certain fuels because of some thing called "latent heat of vaporization" , this is why I believe it has worked so well when mixed with a stagnant ethanol. both gasoline and ethanol has more power per unit volume than methanol, but the latent heat of vaporization in methanol gives it much more efficient burn, and less power loss than that of ethanol.
Im not saying heet is an end all say all cure, but it can get you out of a jam, with out having to drain your tanks in most cases.
As with ethanol methanol is an alcohol, and you will need to keep an eye on most of your rubber coated fuel parts, alcohol dries them out, and in extreme cases it eats them, so when using heet use just enough to get the crap out,, then ur good.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
92 or 93 Octane??? Is this also the same marina that charged me $20.00 vs. $7.00 to launch my boat cause I had an extra axle on my trailor???
87 octane, thats what mercruiser and volvo recommends to run so thats what Lakeview has, as far as the $20 i dont understand that......... its supposed to be $30 but that includes valet launch with a tractor both in the water and out. The reason is most guys with a penis small enough to have a 50 foot trailer also have to have a big crew cab and they dont fit in the parking spots so hence the reason behind the extra money, but if people cant afford to launch at Lakeview i hear April Plaza is only $7........
Old 09-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Registered

How do I get the Ethanol level down in my tanks???
I am just goin to put about 3 bottles of stabil in my chit......
Old 09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a picture of that boat on the FPBC website. The transome is atleast 10 to 15 feet out of the water
got a link?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

This could also be the same reason JoeW's Genertor won't run for Chit
BIP !!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spk1
I know most mechanics are very much against solutions in a can, and in most cases they are correct, but from a molecular level, I have found heet to be effective, Its contains methanol and methanol is more effective in reducing power loss from certain fuels because of some thing called "latent heat of vaporization" , this is why I believe it has worked so well when mixed with a stagnant ethanol. both gasoline and ethanol has more power per unit volume than methanol, but the latent heat of vaporization in methanol gives it much more efficient burn, and less power loss than that of ethanol.
Im not saying heet is an end all say all cure, but it can get you out of a jam, with out having to drain your tanks in most cases.
As with ethanol methanol is an alcohol, and you will need to keep an eye on most of your rubber coated fuel parts, alcohol dries them out, and in extreme cases it eats them, so when using heet use just enough to get the crap out,, then ur good.
I am going to start calling you Beaker from the muppets.

memememememe..... !!!

Old 09-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigandy
87 octane, thats what mercruiser and volvo recommends to run so thats what Lakeview has, as far as the $20 i dont understand that......... its supposed to be $30 but that includes valet launch with a tractor both in the water and out. The reason is most guys with a penis small enough to have a 50 foot trailer also have to have a big crew cab and they dont fit in the parking spots so hence the reason behind the extra money, but if people cant afford to launch at Lakeview i hear April Plaza is only $7........

Great marketing Andy! Everyone hurry and go get your valet launch. Oh for $45 you can get a collector t-shirt
Old 09-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Oh and one more little detail about methanol,,, when a farmer takes a shyt load of corn oil,, soy bean oil,, or any other animal fat,, and puts it in a big vat,, and says hmmm,, I think "IM going to make me some of that there biodiesel stuff all those city boys are talking about",, They dump methanol into it and it starts to fizz and bubble for a second or two,, and viola,, all that goopy shyt he started with becomes a fuel. but anyhow,, I hear,,electric fuel pumps and a few hundred feet of 1/4 rubber hose is pretty reasonable at autozone.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

87 octane, thats what mercruiser and volvo recommends to run so thats what Lakeview has, ........
I am sure volvo and Merlin have the same recommendations on Octane level

Were do I sign up to pay $2.99 for 87 Octane
Old 09-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Registered

For a beer you can call tom and he will let you into april sound,, whats it cost over there again?

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.